Jersey bag size on plane
Posted by: Moosemagic (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 12:29

Guys be aware that flybe are enforcing their bag size policy for carry on bags. There bag size is smaller than other carriers and me and Quentin have just been charged £50 each one way for over size bags.
If in doubt pre book your bags to save money.

At RIP off flybe.

Phil Reynolds

Re: Jersey bag size on plane
Posted by: Bono546 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 18:01

Flybe state 55x35x20. How much were you outside these sizes as I think a lot of people panicking at moment

Posted by: fordy69uk (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 19:45

Bono is right, I've checked and 10kg

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 20:33

Thanks for the reminder. Iíve double checked mine, and it should pass as long as I pack flat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2019 20:33 by OldNick.

Posted by: Alinta (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 21:18

To put this into context, Iíve travelled all over the world using the same carry on bag for circa 15 years and never had a problem with my bag being oversize. Indeed, Iíve flown with Flybe before to Jersey and my bag was deemed acceptable. My bag meets the maximum dimensions specified on the Flybe website, but today they were checking everyoneís bags using a gauge. At first and subsequent glance the gauge looked small and my bag wasnít close to fitting upon which Flybe demanded £50 for an oversized bag. I accused them of actively pursuing a scam against passengers, to which I received no reply. Another passenger who regularly travels with Flybe told me on the flight that he recently bought a smaller carry on bag as Flybe for the last 4 months had adopted this very aggressive policy and he had been stung several times after having had no problems previously with Flybe. I would advise anyone travelling on Flybe take a tape measure with them and if you get pinged measure the gauge, be interesting to see the reaction of the Flybe staff. Also note, the oversized bag charge is one way, so we face the prospect of another £50 sting on the return flight. This is purely a stealth surcharge scam by Flybe and I for one will be taking it up with Trading Standards.

Posted by: MDCS (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2019 00:37

And here is Mr Know It All Smartarse me telling the wife not to worry because when we flew Flybe to se Van Morrison in Belfast they were getting on with suitcases as hand luggage. Dunelm Toll Bar sell the right sized small cases with wheels. £29. Careful though they also sell one slightly larger. 55 x 35 x 20 is what you are allowed

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2019 13:42

No problems at all this morning (in that regard anyway). Lady in front of me got sent back to the gauge, with a bag that was inches too thick, they glanced at my pack and didn't even send me back to check.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net