New Crest for Coventry Rugby
Posted by: Alinta (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 11:36

Coventry Rugby have officially unveiled the club's new crest. Details can be found by clicking on the link below;

[www.coventryrugby.co.uk]

Re: New Crest for Coventry Rugby
Posted by: BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 11:52

I like it. Fresh, historic, not too cartoony, but will look nice on sky sports ;-)

Posted by: titchywinger (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 12:03

I like it too. I hope an enamel badge could become available.

Posted by: Moosemagic (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 12:03

Great design.

Phil Reynolds

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 12:26

Don't mind the design although, from a technical point of view, the castle seems very dark against the outline even on a computer screen so I'm not sure it will stand out on a badge.

The Supporters' Club logo and mascot outfit might also need changing now that the yellow/orange elephant has gone??

Posted by: Duckham walked on water (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 12:56

Will have to change my pants now.

Posted by: Charliebravo (Cliff Bennett) (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 14:15

Not in public, please.

Posted by: medusarog (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 15:03

I was unsure, but, having now seen it, I like it. Seems to have the right mix between historic and contemporary.

Posted by: rustyroof (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 16:08

Not sold on the red and green. Red and green being coventry's civic colours doesn't really mean much to your average coventrian, whilst blue and White are recognisably cov's colours.

Posted by: Charliebravo (Cliff Bennett) (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 18:47

Itís already been put onto the home page of the club website and looks pretty good to me.

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 19:13

Quote:
Charliebravo (Cliff Bennett)
Itís already been put onto the home page of the club website and looks pretty good to me.

Still maintain that the castle is way too dark, you can barely make it out on the website and my tablet's on full brightness... It's not growing on me yet.

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 19:27

I like it.
Iíll continue to like it as long as the primary shirt is dark blue and white hooped, and the numbers are on a plain patch, either dark blue or white, with the numbers contrasting clearly.
I found this seasonís red and gold was good to photograph, standing out well from dark background colours, so while Iíd prefer a red and white hoop, Iíd be happy if the club stuck close to last seasonís colours for the change kit.

Posted by: covkid53 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 21:47

It looks a lot like my Freeman's crest and I like it. Coventry United play in those colours. Maybe an away strip could be developed based on red/ green ?

Tradition is great.

Date: 15 May, 2019 21:58

Sky blue would be better. For the Cov supporting city fan market.

Posted by: PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 22:39

Quote:
OldNick
I like it.
I found this seasonís red and gold was good to photograph, standing out well from dark background colours, so while Iíd prefer a red and white hoop, Iíd be happy if the club stuck close to last seasonís colours for the change kit.

You might have your wish... almost.

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Posted by: Alinta (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 08:36

Quote:
covkid53
It looks a lot like my Freeman's crest and I like it. Coventry United play in those colours. Maybe an away strip could be developed based on red/ green ?
Tradition is great.
The proposed away kit for next season is predominantly red with a thin line of green on the seams. It looked very good on the graphic shown at the Fans' Forum, hopefully the actual kit will look even better in reality.

Posted by: covkid53 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 09:57

Quote:
Alinta
Quote:
covkid53
Tradition is great.
The proposed away kit for next season is predominantly red with a thin line of green on the seams. It looked very good on the graphic shown at the Fans' Forum, hopefully the actual kit will look even better in reality.

That's good, mind you I am a bit thick because it never occurred to me why COV and CCFC's away colours were often red. My research since suggests it is because of the red in our civic colours, or not ;-)

Date: 17 May, 2019 11:58

Not to mention that red and green are Leicester Tiger's club colours.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net