PARFC (2016) Posts 100k Loss For 1st Year
Posted by: stonehousealbion (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2017 05:59

Seemingly only available as fish and chip wrapping for now, but Mon's Herald had a big back page article on the financial position at Brickfields. Although serious, this deficit is not seen as threatening to the long-term viability of Albion. It puts in perspective all the redundancies and premium pricing of recent events. Also the need to bump up the gate at home games - an extra 450 bods at each home fixture paying 15 would clear that shortfall...

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

Re: PARFC (2016) Posts 100k Loss For 1st Year
Posted by: ianbol (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2017 15:26

SHA, did that report go on line do you know. If so, I can't find it. I have noticed that very few Herald reports do now go on their web site and, seemingly, only when they've got the info from the offy site.

Date: 13 June, 2017 22:23

I couldn't find it on the Herald site - in sport, news or business. In hindsight, I should have bought the paper, rather than just perusing in the supermarket.

While looking for some sort of follow-up in similar fashion this evening, I was astounded to see the story of the purchase of the ex-England football team vehicle being re-hashed as breaking news on the back page. The directionless management of rugby coverage (in terms of both quantity and quality) in our local paper is completely bewildering. (Sm105)

Date: 15 June, 2017 07:02

Three background/feature/filler articles on Albion in the Herald in as many days, but none online. Not sure if this is just old material being re-hashed as the whispers around PARFC are that both owners are out of the country right now. The loss is obviously "new" news, the new team vehicle and the financial situation in the C'ship/Nat 1 wage (in 2018) cap less so. The paper's reluctance to place articles online - even after a delay to allow for print sales is baffling...

Posted by: ianbol (IP Logged)
Date: 16 June, 2017 07:07

Very odd indeed but, perhaps, good business sense ie, buy the paper to "read all about it".

Posted by: Cully Janner (IP Logged)
Date: 16 June, 2017 12:30

Quote:
ianbol
Very odd indeed but, perhaps, good business sense ie, buy the paper to "read all about it".

Not so good for supporters who don't live in the Herald distribution area, and as not a lot of news is released by the club, we exiles end up not hearing much from one week to the next.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/06/2017 12:39 by Cully Janner.

Date: 17 June, 2017 06:46

Why would you not put articles online after say, 48 hours if you want to attract online readers or folk like CJ above?

For info, a Commercial Manager has been appointed - Mike Scott who is an ex-player, working under Bruce Priday. I think he has a fairly broad remit, but will obviously be finding his feet over the summer.

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net