Re the Bishop Stortford match last week . .
Posted by: ianbol (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 15:32

. . . the question has been asked of Albion on Rolling Maul, "week 3 scores" thread:-

"But can I ask whether anyone can advise why Plymouth chose not to send any representative/s to the pre-match lunch ? Unusual to say the least at any level."

If true, a good question ! I hope not a sign of disdain/discourtesy.

Re: Re the Bishop Stortford match last week . .
Posted by: Devonboyy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 15:50

I wonder if that has anything to do with the rumoured problems between the owners. When they first took over they were at every away game

Posted by: A Traveller (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 18:14

I do not normally respond to Keyboard Cowboys but I can shed some light on this matter.
I traveled to Bishops Stortford on Saturday and enjoyed the competitive encounter of a live rugby match. From the final whistle I was confronted by a series of BSRFC luminaries who expressed their disappointment at the absence of club representatives at the pre-match lunch. I could not offer any meaningful reasons for the problem at the time but I made a promise to take up the matter with the club.
I kept my promise to BSRFC on Monday and here are some facts. Given the sad events of last week it became difficult to send official representatives to Silver Leys and an e-mail was sent to BSRFC pm Friday expressing apologies for this absence. It would appear that the message did not reach the BSRFC members in time to explain the absence of PARFC representation at the lunch. During my discussions with the club I understood that a written apology would be sent from PARFC to BSRFC setting out the reasons why the problem came about.
The club is very conscious of its image within the rugby community and is anxious to quell any negative impressions which maybe exaggerated by members of the Keyboard Cowboy Community.

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 20:04

Thank you for a coherent explanation of the situation A Traveller, and may I add that it's a good job you were there to offer a satisfactory promise to the luminaries you mention saving them making an enquiry of the club as to the good health of our intended representatives.

Whilst one can appreciate what last weeks events produced and the natural concerns it caused amongst our rugby supporters and more importantly the board members of our hosts, it doesn't help in the slightest when you refer the said concerned folk to be "Keyboard Cowboys" of whom I include myself in addition to all our users on this site and over the years such a small number of posts could be labelled as such, to the credit of everyone. And as anyone who uses a social media site a measured manner is needed when posting which was I feel the case when the question was first raised.

In the circumstances I'm sure Albion had good reason to do whatever was necessary and will defend it's image as you put it due course.

Perhaps the topsy turvy events of the last few seasons at Brickfields have still not evaporated completely it seems giving rise to some anxiety perhaps.

Semper Sersum.

Posted by: King Albion (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2017 06:53

Sorry - what were these sad events that stopped albion sending someone?

Yours,

Billy the Kid (Yee ha!)

Posted by: Plymalbi200C (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2017 07:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2017 07:08 by Plymalbi200C.

Posted by: stonehousealbion (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2017 07:09

The passing of Gary Lovell:

plymouthalbion.com

A close friend of Dave Venables (godfather of one of his sons). Before my time by a long chalk, but from everyone (in and out of rugby) I've talked to a wonderful person who died tragically prematurely.

(Feel free to edit, BTK.)

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net