I'm really glad . . . . . . .
Posted by: ianbol (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2018 09:21

. . . . . that this famous site is back up and running. What went wrong measks ?? ?

Re: I'm really glad . . . . . . .
Posted by: balion (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2018 17:14

Pleased to see the site working again, please make good use of so as to keep it going.

(Sm128). Pl

Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2018 19:09

Probably lack of use.
So if you want to keep it, use it.

Posted by: Igwok Dominus (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2018 11:36

Bit too late with a story & other things broke - apologies

My body is a temple - I desecrate it every day(Sm63)

Posted by: Cynical Sid (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2018 17:10

But just what is the point of this site. No news, no discussion only somewhat pointless comments from the same half dozen! Nothing against these but why maintain such a pointless site! I know I will be villified for such a view, and if so at least it will make for a lively site!,,

Posted by: stonehousealbion (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 06:21

Long term, it's much quieter than a few years back. Click on the drop down menu top centre of the overall Sportnetwork page and there are fewer sites still going across RU in general. Have a look at rolling-maul.com and the only thread in Nat 1 that's getting any traffic is "Signings/Retentions/Departures/etc" and that's pretty flat across the league. Basically, it's pretty quiet every where.

Why?

1. After the extraordinary end to last season, folk are taking a "proper" break.

2. It's a decent summer for once.

3. The usual healthy selection of other summer sports going on.

4. World Cup year - and ENG apparently are doing OK.

5. We have had relatively little turnover and according to the rumour mill, the signing has been done. A (temporarily?) slimmed down back room staff at PARFC is otherwise engaged and aware of the above, is keeping it's powder dry.

6. Other online platforms - but PARFC Twitter is pretty flat as well. (Love Island seems to be some peoples' focus...)

Not sure the cynicism is justified right now, Sid (or is that just a temporary nom de plume for an existing poster?)...

Anyone got any other views?

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 09:41

Your pretty much right on the ball stonehousealbion with your assessment and more to the point absolutely correct about the identity of said poster who has it would appear got an agenda of his own when posting on here that is most objectional to the supporters of Albion in general.

Do we need such derogatory comments from serial posters using different guises ?

Semper Sersum.

Posted by: Dewnansek (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 10:26

So? Who is cynical Sid?

Drumroll.........???

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 13:25

I'm sorry Dewnansek but this is not Facebook, with luck it may well stop of it's own accord.

Semper Sersum.

Posted by: balion (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 19:23

Cynical has not changed it is as it was when he used to complain about every thing when he used the site in a variety of names. In the past.

(Sm120)(Sm119)

(Sm128)

Date: 12 July, 2018 20:17

Firstly I am not hiding behind a nom de plume any more than the rest of you. Just someone who wants to see meaningful debate.
Secondly I have no agenda as some have insultingly suggested. Apart from possibly wanting to see a less mundane and more informative site.
Thirdly, having watched this site for a long time my comments were reflecting what I see on this site; which is rapidly becoming an outlet for a very small number with no decent debate (and who seemingly dont like criticism)
Looking back over the last year or so it would appear the site has become a directory to other sites with the same poster posting links. So time of year, World Cup, holidays, aunty Mary's dog died etc. Really doesn't hold water.
I know I am going to be violently criticised but at least this may kick off some decent debate. If not whats the point of this site.

Posted by: BALION PREDATOR (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 06:19

Why have you not started a meaningful debate ????

You have everyone's undivided attention in anticipation of your first meaningful debate .

Waiting for a thouroughly constructive and engaging topic from you Cynical Sid

(Sm72)

Plymouth Bred , Plymouth Born .

C'mon Albiiioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Posted by: GHBTM (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 13:53

I don't get Cynical Sid's point.
Even as an Exeter Chiefs supporter I can see the point of this site, albeit much less used now than when Albion were in the Championship.
Keep doing what you're doing and the fans will come back I(even the half-hearted fans).
The forum remains the place to pose questions, discuss matters of relevance even if few use it that way at the current time.

Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 21:20

I'm all for meaningful debate but at this time of year it is in short supply on all sites not just this one.
The reason for the mundane postings as you put it is to keep the forum going the alternative is no one posts and the site is gone forever.
You could try posting a topic yourself and give us all a chance to post something worthwhile on it.

Date: 13 July, 2018 22:32

"You could try posting a topic yourself and give us all a chance to post something worthwhile on it."
Looks like I have!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BALION PREDATOR (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2018 12:27

Quote:
Cynical Sid
"You could try posting a topic yourself and give us all a chance to post something worthwhile on it."
Looks like I have!!!!!!!!

Where is your topic ?????

Do you relate to this one ????

Beware : TROLL (Sm142) For the time being (Sm100)(Sm100)(Sm100)

(Sm72)

Plymouth Bred , Plymouth Born .

C'mon Albiiioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net