Toilet facilities for the Eric Johns stand
Posted by: oilban (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 08:20

This subject has been brought to the clubs attention on several occasions and as of yet still not been resolved.
There are many disabled supporters on match day who sit in the EJStand, and unable to get to the clubhouse on match day. There is also a queue to use, of no use to the needy.
A provision needs to be addressed ASAP to enable adequate facility to the not so fortunate.
Many thanks

Re: Toilet facilities for the Eric Johns stand
Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 11:38

Hi again oilban, long time. As you say this subject has been raised before and whilst it was imperative that the old toilet block be demolished it has caused some issues with our supporters.

Of course the finances are also an issue for us presently but could it be that the provision of such facilities could add perhaps as much as 10% to the match day attendances? all of whom it could be said are regular supporters of many years in most cases. That said if each one spent in the region of 30 in total for each game that could increase the clubs income by approximately 2500 or more per season, which would of course go a long way towards the cost of instillation and therefore pay it's way in a short time and with a solidly built unit last for many seasons, the construction costs with the clubs contacts, would be minimal I feel.

The posts on here do get a viewing from the club from time to time so fingers crossed for some movement on this plea before long.

Semper Sersum.

Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 19:27

I'm surprised toilets were not part of the original plans for the EJ.
Why have temporary toilets not been put into use.

Posted by: Dewnansek (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 23:42

Quote:
lobina
I'm surprised toilets were not part of the original plans for the EJ.
Why have temporary toilets not been put into use.

Clearly EJ patrons were expected to be made of sterner stuff.

Seriously, I agree - how could this not have been thought of before!!

How dis we cooe when we had 6,000+ for home games?

Yes, I know (temporary facilities), but ......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 13:09 by Dewnansek.

Posted by: ianbol (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 11:26

Entirely agree. If it's a major walk [for me and others] to the "disabled" facilities then I can't spend money at the bar. Nor, until this is resolved, will I buy 50/50 tickets as a mild protest. When I raised this with Dave Venables he said he was aware of the problem but that there was no money for replacing the former loo facilities.

Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 11:48

Speaking as a man just past the first flush of youth, when the bladder and prostate decide I need to go a hike is out of the question.

Posted by: Dazman (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2019 12:27

There is provision for disabled persons in the EJ stand but are not publicised. Up until 20 minutes before kick off, and either side of half time (BUT NOT during half time and allowing 5 minutes either side for players access), stewards can provide access to the Doping room which has toilet facilities - but these are STRICTLY for disabled persons. Hence they are not widely publicised although stewards are aware.

Due to them being by the changing rooms and requirement for player access, there has to be restirction at certain times.

Able bodied supportes however will not be given access and will need to use the club house.

Hope that helps?

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2019 15:57

Hi Daz, this is news to I would say everybody at Brickfields, albeit very welcome, may I ask as to which is the Doping room, is that the first door on the left as you go through the entrance? where the old ice room in Dawsey's day and a toilet was?

Having established that, what's the point of having a service for one's supporters if they are not told about it? it seems a complete waste of time to me and a wasted opportunity to reach out to those who qualify.

However now that we know the facilities are available within the times you quote that's brilliant and a big step forward, thanks. a great help to those that need it and the access is on the tarmacked surface as well.

Perhaps this information can be included in the program for the next home game.

Semper Sersum.

Posted by: Dazman (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2019 20:15

Hi Noibla

I was under the impression the group for disablled supporters (who meet with the club management) had been told about it.

You are correct it is the first door on the left - BUT supporters cannot just turn up at the door expecting admittance - they have to go through a steward.

It's because it is the official doping room that it is not widely publicisied and likewise, I believe the management did not want to run the risk of it being abused by able bodied supporters.

As I mentioned, there are also restrictions on times it can be used so as to allow player access to the changing rooms, and of course if the doping agency turn up, it will be out of bounds.

Hope that helps?

D

Posted by: Dewnansek (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2019 02:22

Whilst all of the above is true...

Doesn't this suggest that a problem exists - and one that could be easily fixed.
Additional facilities, Free ONLY to disabled patrons (and potential drug offendors apparently), or ... you pay!!

If able bodied patrons have to pay 10 or 20p to have a pee (if they can't be bothered walking elsewhere) then ... maybe they are not that desperate!!

This "solution" might well fund itself, and gives an option for those (like me) whose internal fortitude is not was it was..,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2019 02:28 by Dewnansek.

Posted by: ianbol (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2019 10:14

Another point I'd make is that not being able to have 2 or 3 pints during a 4 hour stay at Brickfields does seriously detract from my "rugby match experience". But, hey ho, who are we, the moblity-challenged but loyal, dedicated Albion fans ? ? ?

But I'll give the above solution a chance today.

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net