Stewards
Posted by: Dazman (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2019 15:00

Well as all of our home games have now been and gone, although there was nothing in Saturdayís programme, I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank all of my team of match day stewards for their efforts over the past year.

As some of you may have heard, after 18 seasons I have made the decision to stand down as match day Safety Officer (having risen through the ranks from a steward to Chief Steward to the position Iíve held for the past three seasons). Iíll probably still come down for most games and the ladies team wonít let me leave them just yet - so Iíll still be taking photos of their matches.

Thank you all for being the best supporters out there - itís made my job and the stewards jobs so much easier over the years.

Iíll hopefully see most of you around the ground next season - though Iíll be minus the day-glo jacket!!!

D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2019 15:45 by Dazman.

Re: Stewards
Posted by: Commando joe (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2019 16:52

Great dedication and effort Dazman, outstanding services to the club often not appreciated by supporters and management.enjoy your new role as ď A match day supporterĒ

Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 17 April, 2019 19:11

Thanks for all your good work over the years and best wishes for the future.

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2019 10:35

Hi Daz, So sorry in one way to hear of your decision on the other hand eighteen years is a brilliant spell in helping out at Albion, well done my friend. On a personnel note I have always been impressed with the way you have conducted not only yourself but your staff as well of course.

Many thanks for your help and assistance in the past and I look forward to seeing you from time to time

Semper Sersum.

Posted by: ianbol (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2019 11:44

Well done Dazman and many thanks from this 'umble fan. Does your retirement come with a fine pension.

Date: 26 April, 2019 18:59

I wish it did Ianbol - sadly just a handshake from one of the directors!!!

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2019 13:43

Don't forget Daz, there are handshakes and there are "handshakes" good luck.

Semper Sersum.

Posted by: ianbol (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2019 16:59

. . . and a place in Heaven.

Posted by: Ann Droid (IP Logged)
Date: 01 May, 2019 09:19

I can only add my thanks to those above dazman I'm sure stewarding isn't everyone's cup of tea, having to stay sober being at the top of the list.

With you having stepped down was that he reason Mondays game was moved elsewhere e.g. Not enough stewards? Or was it to protect the pitch, even though it'll have all summer to recover?

I also heard that the physio girl (Clare?) is also leaving, if true another sad loss.

Date: 01 May, 2019 20:23

There would have been enough stewards but I beleive the game on Monday was moved for other reasons.

Can't comment on Claudia (the physio).

Date: 13 May, 2019 12:32

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net