Current Page: 1 of 5
Headresses
Posted by: taffychief (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2017 22:35

I have always been very happy to see so many of the tribe wearing headresses,particularly away from Sandy Park.I remember wearing mine at Stade Michelin about two or three seasons ago and I couldn't get away after the match because of people wanting photographs with me (I will admit it was the headress that was the attraction, not me!)

However I was disappointed at the Stoop yesterday.Two rows in front of me were 5 'Chiefs' in full headgear throughout the match.There were some young Quins supporters behind them who found it rather difficult to have a decent view of the match .We asked them to remove their headresses,as I believe most chiefs do during the match.They declined.Not a good reaction to foster inter club relations.

If any of you guys are reading this please explain how you can justify your reactions to a simple request from a fellow Chiefs supporter?I'm afraid it left a bad taste after a great result.

Re: Headresses
Posted by: Chiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2017 23:11

I am sorry to say I have experienced the same, at Clermont last year. My wife could not see anything, I asked then to please remove them which they bluntly refused. It could have turned sour, I am afraid I don't stand fools too easy, but my wife said not to get involved luckily there were a couple of spare seats too our left a couple of rows down so we moved.

They were a group of about 5, none of then younger than 30 at a guess. Rude, ignorant bunch of as####es in my opinion.

Headresses are a pain in the a#s tbh, they should not be permitted in the stands. I will not let a headress impede my view again......Sorry.

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2017 23:15

You should always remove your headresses when you are seated. We have always done so and always will.
We in general have a good relationship with other rugby loving supporters, and this should not be put at risk by selfishness.

Posted by: ChilliHulaHoops (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 00:27

I'm not here to "troll", "grief" or else make mischief I promise, but the biggest problem with wearing Native American headdress is that you are obstructing the view of someone behind you?

Posted by: Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 07:42

Quote:
clalan
You should always remove your headresses when you are seated. We have always done so and always will.
We in general have a good relationship with other rugby loving supporters, and this should not be put at risk by selfishness.

Clalan, me too

I feel so ashamed when I see people pretending to be members of our Tribe doing this .... It's just NOT right - please take your feathers off when sitting in front of people.

How on earth can you justify, not taking it off ... the people sitting behind you have paid for their tickets too. I was watching the quins game with my father in law in Cape Town and he said he had never seen anything so against good manners and spirit of rugby when he saw a row of people with headdresses on and the game had started.

I was at the Stormers vs Lions game at Newlands with my boys yesterday and all I can say is I would have loved to see how that type of ignorant behaviour would have been dealt with by our Bokke friends.

Like the language and the other behaviour discussions we've had on this board ... it's down to all of us to set the standards we want.

"Get on Exe"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2017 07:57 by Clyst Colt Chief.

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 07:52

Poor form if someone refuses to remove it during a match when requested. If seated I would take seat numbers and I would report them to a steward and hopefully they would be asked to remove it or be removed from their seat themselves.
Very sad if we have to go down this route.

Date: 16 April, 2017 10:10

Please do not forget it is not just those seated, there are a few tools who wear them in E and N too.

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 10:29

It isn't just us. I no longer go to Bath because last time I did so some stupid woman sat in front of me in the flowerpots kept her umbrella up all game restricting my view of over half the pitch. To add insult to injury she also talked to her friend next to her about everything except rugby for the duration...

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 12:59

Selfish behaviour. Be it headresses, umbrellas, flags.
They are part of the atmosphere, so I'm all for them, but people need to be considerate in their use.
Would like to see more proactive stewarding of it.

Posted by: Tribester (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 13:28

Not just headresses and flowerpots, at the final at HQ last year, my view was blocked by hundreds of Sarries flags which had been given out by the club. Our club also hands out flags at some matches. How many seat numbers are we expected to pass to the stewards?

Costumes, hats and instruments add to the atmosphere, I'm not a fan of flags, but I'm also not a fan of too many rules of what you can and cannot bring into venues, or the sort of searching and stewarding that inforcing the many rules would require.

The sort of spectator refusing a polite request to remove a headress/flowerpot/flag, is unlikely to be an active member of a fans online forum, and possibly a one off spectator anyway.

There is no simple solution to this by writing on a forum, you must communicate with the club or venue, or it just brings out the trolls.

Posted by: OldWing (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 14:37

I think I must have been absent on the day that rugby became a fancy dress party. I have no desire to attend a match dressed as a woman, animal, etc; nor, dare I say it, do I feel the need to wear native American headdress as I am not a native American. Just my personal preference, of course.

Posted by: Blue feather (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 15:19

Sitting next to a Quins supporter and removing my bonnet before play started, (without being asked) he said he had noticed that Chiefs supporters did this before the game started and it was appreciated. Unfortunately, I was a few seats away from a 'group of 5' who didn't, and it was noticed.

Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 17:58

Quote:
OldWing
I think I must have been absent on the day that rugby became a fancy dress party. I have no desire to attend a match dressed as a woman, animal, etc; nor, dare I say it, do I feel the need to wear native American headdress as I am not a native American. Just my personal preference, of course.

Not just your views but the majority of rugby fans

Date: 16 April, 2017 18:03

Quote:
Chief Fire Water
Quote:
OldWing

So pleased to read this. Count me well and truly in. 👍

Posted by: big chopper (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 18:06

Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
Quote:
OldWing

So pleased to read this. Count me well and truly in. 👍

Another very pleased to read this. Count me well and truly in also

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 18:16

If inconsiderate headdress wearers hack off other supporters in this way then surelythe powers that be at away grounds will eventually ban the wearing of headdresses in their venues, which would be a shame!

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 18:27

Quote:
Lowerwatha
If inconsiderate headdress wearers hack off other supporters in this way then surelythe powers that be at away grounds will eventually ban the wearing of headdresses in their venues, which would be a shame!

I would suggest it hacks off home supporters too, if they get their view obscured.

Can't really legislate for good manners unfortunately

Posted by: Little MissChief (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 21:02

I always remove my headdress.

Posted by: Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 21:32

As I'm a person of a shorter stature (5'6") this type of "don't care, sod you" behaviour really winds me up. The headresses add to the atmosphere and experience at SP but the wearing of headresses must be curtailed during play to allow an unrestricted view as far as possible of the game for home and away supporters alike. The stewards (who are friendly and top-notch) are quick enough to stop any flags, scarves or even coats covering the advertising boards in the North Terrace. Quite right: The sponsors of these boards pay for them to be displayed. Whats the difference with a supporters view being blocked unnecasarily?
I suggest just a polite request to remove the feathers is appropriatte but what can you do if the request is refused? I know what I would WISH to do but I would end up being banned from SP and possibly be lodging at her majesties pleasure.
This type of behaviour cannot be allowed to continue at Sandy Park if the club wishes to expand and grow the supporter base.
The board need to act now with regard to this before it becomes a major issue.
Anyway thats got that off my chest.

GO EXE, GO!

(Sm83)

I think I drink.......................can't remember!
Pawel Vygot.

Date: 16 April, 2017 22:29

I appreciate your well put comments Praire Dog, and respect your opinions. However how wearing a headress adds to the atmosphere and experience of Sandy Park is beyond me, I just do not see that......Sorry. I really don't see the point, but of course that is my opinion.

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net