unsung heroes
Posted by: fisher (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2017 21:52

I just thought it might be a good idea to mention a couple of players who I think dont get the headlines but give their all everytime they play. Kai Horstmann and Carl Rimmer never let us down and I am sure that a few other Prem sides would love to have them as starters in their team. Thanks you two you are very much appreciated by us and we would be a lesser team without you.

Re: unsung heroes
Posted by: Chiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2017 22:14

Quote:
fisher
I just thought it might be a good idea to mention a couple of players who I think dont get the headlines but give their all everytime they play. Kai Horstmann and Carl Rimmer never let us down and I am sure that a few other Prem sides would love to have them as starters in their team. Thanks you two you are very much appreciated by us and we would be a lesser team without you.

+1

Posted by: Footy Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 05:53

Ian Whitten in the backs, not flashy but probably the best defensive centre/winger in the league and has an awesome turn of pace for such a direct runner.

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 05:57

Totally agree, I voted Kai my supporters player of the season, he always puts in a great shift. I remember watching Karl playing for Pirates in the Championship and was chuffed when he signed for us.

Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 05:59

Kai Horstmann is my unsung hero always puts in a quality shift either starting or off the bench. He must feel unlucky not to start more often.

Posted by: exeter supporter (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 06:54

+2 Fisher. Kai and Carl have both had excellent seasons - how Kai keeps going at his age we'll never know!!!😉

Posted by: Brent1 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 07:00

Agree Rimmer seems to quietly go about his business attracting very few penalties at scrum time as well

RE Kai, I thought when he arrived he was merely a solid squad player with good hands....but as far back as the LV cup final we won at Sandy Park he showed his commitment...putting his body on the line and MOM for me in that game.

Going forward with TTTE with a broken hand. I also think Kai is the best direct replacement at 8. Ewers massively strong but not an 8, TJ is a legend but perhaps his battered body now need a rest, Simmons n't the finished article yet and more 7 for me, Don can play anywhere mind...

Was the back row championship platyer we signed an 8?

Posted by: Axe Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 09:55

No one could disagree with you guys as regards these players. I saw Whitts was with the squad at Quins, and can only guess that he was not selected due to resting/rotation or carrying some bruising. For all the four other higher profile centres I believe he is the easiest one to be picked by Rob. The glue that makes the rest comfortable.

The signed player, Freeman, has the potential to be a Armand-like player, and perhaps if he can be anything like Don he might achieve something Don is getting overlooked for. All the talk on BT over which Quins players were going to NZ, and not a MENTION of a Chiefs player.
Statistics can be 'massaged' but just look back over Don's. Missed tackles are as rare as cuckoos, and he is our safest line-out catcher and stealer.

Posted by: OldWing (IP Logged)
Date: 16 April, 2017 13:33

Our team is full of unsung heroes. As noted above, it is remarkable how few individual Chiefs get mentioned in media coverage, even though many / most of them are better than their more lauded opposite numbers. I thought once we made it into the top 4-6 this might change, but you are still more likely to read about players from Quins, Saints, etc even though they are not sitting second in the league.

Anyway, my personal choice would be Sam Hill. I think he gives real bite to both attack and defence when he plays. He was one of the under 20s world cup winners, but seems to have dropped off the national radar which I think is a real shame. I suppose the problem is that he is rather unassuming and just gets on with his job without drama, unlike some others who are more favoured.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net