Jack- British Lion.
Posted by: Chiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 11:13

Amazing news, massive congrats to Jack. What a huge achievement.

Re: Jack- British Lion.
Posted by: OldWing (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 11:51

Absolutely. Unlike others, I do think the Lions have a long and - mainly - noble tradition and I'm sure players see it as an honour to be selected. To be considered as one of the best 40 or so players in Britain and Ireland is a true accolade and Jack should see it as such. I wish him, and the other Lions, all the best for the tour. He'll be going as the only representative of the Premiership champions, of course, but I hope we'll have better representation in the England touring team.

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 11:51

+1 Great news.

Posted by: Big Tom Tom (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:26

+ 1

One for all & all for one.
Go Chiefs Go

Posted by: Moorsman (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:43

Brilliant news and well done Jack. Academy to Lions what a journey and still so young.

Is Jack our first Lion?

Posted by: Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:51

Quote:
Moorsman
Brilliant news and well done Jack. Academy to Lions what a journey and still so young.
Is Jack our first Lion?

Geoff Parling was a Lion in 2013. Three appearances.

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:54

I remember hearing talk of an Exeter Lion way back when but I can't remember the name...pretty sure Jack's our first Lion for about 100 years give or take(Parling does not count as he wouldn't have been playing for us back in 2013)...and as Moorsman said, he very much is OUR Lion. I doubt he'll get to face the All Blacks but wow...one of our guys gets to represent the entire British Isles...smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

15 English guys in that squad though...going to make for an...interesting England squad for the Argentina tour. Probably a few Chiefs getting into that squad as well fingers crossed.

Great day for the club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2017 13:56 by ExTeddChief.

Posted by: RedExe (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 14:52

According to the Lions website we haven't had Lions representative playing for Exeter at the same time. Geoff Parling obviously has played for us after representing the Lions in 2013. And Andy Reed played for us after representing the Lions in 93.

So, Jack now has a special place in history. Tony Rowe will have to buy a British & Irish Lions Honours Board!!

Posted by: Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 17:22

It appears someone was recording the exact moment that Jacks name was read out...

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: 3 wheels on my wagon (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 18:47

Well if all goes well for Jack we won't be seeing much of him next season in a Chief's shirt, by the time he has a break after the Lions tour, then the Autumn internationals, then a swift break, may see him for the Champions cup before Xmas then again post Xmas before going back into the 6 Nations squad.

Best of luck to him, he deserves the accolades.

Aside to this the Barf site are discussing the England tour to Argentina and they seem to be naming a lot of our team...Armand, Whitten, LCD, Slade, Ewers, Woodburn, Devoto...I'm thinking that they are truly impressed with our boys or hoping that it will tire out our players and give themselves a chance to get ahead of us next season.

Or just a thought...maybe they'd like the opportunity to wear some feathers to get behind them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2017 18:48 by 3 wheels on my wagon.

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 19:18

What an achievement for him and still a comparative youngster! Congratulations Jack,you are now starting to reap the rewards for all your hard work.
So proud of you.
(Sm152)

-------------------------------------------------------
I drink and i know things...(Tyrion Lannister)

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 20:49

Congratulations Jack.
It is a great honour for him and due reward for his talent and hard work.

Posted by: PINGO (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 21:09

(Sm152) Kernow Bys Vykken. Well done the Cornishman (Sm151) Well and truly deserved.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 18:15

Great achievement for Jack and the Club.
Well done Jack(Sm152)

I drink and forget stuff!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net