16 Schalk Brits (202)

17 Titi Lamositele (46)

18 Petrus Du Plessis (158)

19 Jim Hamilton (75)

20 Schalk Burger (25)

21 Ben Spencer (100)

22 Alex Lozowski (31)

23 Mike Ellery (40)

I think the number in brackets is the number of Premiership games played.

Re: Teams up
Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 12:09

It's the number of trophies they've won!
What's happened to Woodburn?

Posted by: benjbath (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 12:12

What is the injury situation? I thought Michele was out...

Posted by: exmouth mike (IP Logged)

Ollie and Lachie noticeable absentee from squad is that through injuries if not a big surprise on recent form.

Posted by: Axe Chief (IP Logged)

Being rested for the final?

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 12:34

Brad Barritt out with a leg injury, they will miss his leadership and his defence, given their last encounter, Geoff Parling might be glad he's missing!
Good to see Don and Thomas back and our bench looks very strong! We will miss Ollie's kick chase but Shorty will be champing at the bit against his former club!

COME ON YOU CHIEFS!!!

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 13:52

If fit, not playing Ollie Woodburn is a big mistake. Apart from his excellent attacking, passing and offloading game, his defensive work is massive as is his certainty of fielding and chasing high balls. Short may be quicker but he is not a patch on Ollie at the 'dirtier' bits of the game, clearing up bad ball and covering. Great shame IMO.

I personally would have started Henry over Devoto, who although being a big ball carrier, OD makes too many fundamental errors of passing and kicking for my liking. Henry with his ball skills would expose Saracens defense without Barritt.

Again, I know he has done well recently, but Horstmann over Salvi where getting over the ball quickly is going to be very important is IMO madness. Assume Sam Simmonds is going to have that role in the latter stages.

Similarly, Exe need Lees bulk and strength from the off, especially as Saracens scrum may be vulnerable as exposed by Clermont last week, and I would have Dennis on the bench for when the game breaks up in the last 20 minutes.

Even with these choices and team, Exeter can and should win this game. Starting well and getting a couple of early scores is going to be vital.

Very best of luck.

Posted by: Scuff (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 14:02

It's not the side I would have chosen. But I wouldn't give my judgement 2p.
There are plenty of options to change the play on the bench, that is for certain.

Posted by: Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 16:20

Quote:
Bathovalballer
If fit, not playing Ollie Woodburn is a big mistake. Apart from his excellent attacking, passing and offloading game, his defensive work is massive as is his certainty of fielding and chasing high balls. Short may be quicker but he is not a patch on Ollie at the 'dirtier' bits of the game, clearing up bad ball and covering. Great shame IMO.

Injured

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Again, I know he has done well recently, but Horstmann over Salvi where getting over the ball quickly is going to be very important is IMO madness. Assume Sam Simmonds is going to have that role in the latter stages.

Injured

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Similarly, Exe need Lees bulk and strength from the off, especially as Saracens scrum may be vulnerable as exposed by Clermont last week, and I would have Dennis on the bench for when the game breaks up in the last 20 minutes.

Injured

Posted by: dwhite805 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 16:58

Suprised to see OD over Henry buy what do I know. Wish Ewers were fit to combat Billy but that's how it rolls. Starting to feel the nerves starting.

Posted by: Chiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 17:15

Saracens not messing about then!

Posted by: Brent1 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 19:59

Think RB will have picked the best available team !

Apart from anything else the likes of TTTE and Kai may be thinking may as well put my body on the line because this may be my last chance to win a prem title ever... Quite apart from the fact they are there on merit.

For me...my brain says sarries but I am delighted in recent years Chiefs have been able to shock....so I hope the heart is right

For what it's worth I think as Sarries are super analysts and super defensive we need to try different tactics....but again RB will have a plan

Worst case scenario world class rugby at Sandy Park ..... Best case scenario....make it up for yourself !!!

Posted by: benjbath (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 21:56

Is maunder injured?

Posted by: Little Plums (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 22:17

If anyone fancies an all night chorus of the Tomahawk Chop, Sarries are staying at the Southgate Hotel and I'm sure would appreciate being serenaded.

I bumped into Splashton as I was going in earlier and Itoje was in the lobby. Here's hoping the beds are uncomfortable and the food inedible.

Posted by: Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 22:46

Billy's taking them to Nando's! smiling smiley

Double Champions of Europe,we know who we are!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Tribester (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 23:14

Quote:
dwhite805
Suprised to see OD over Henry buy what do I know. Wish Ewers were fit to combat Billy but that's how it rolls. Starting to feel the nerves starting.

Henry has been wearing an external brace over his clothes on his right arm for the last 3 weeks, so imagine he's still injured.

Big Dave out for a long while I hear.

Got to get there early tomorrow, it's sure going to be a squeeze in the ETC (Sm60)

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2017 01:21

Big Dave Ewers is a huge loss. Hope he isn't out too long. We will need him next season. We are simply a scarier proposition with him in the team.

Turning to tomorrow it's also a shame that Turner isn't fit and a big loss that's Woodburn is injured.

We have a lot of first team players out injured while Sarries, the double European champions, have a near first choice. I believe we can do it but it's going to be incredibly tough..

Posted by: whyisitnevereasy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2017 04:56

Quote:
Master Chief
Sarries, the double European champions, have a near first choice. I believe we can do it but it's going to be incredibly tough..

Missing a few Master Chief, as are you guys, but hey thems the breaks and only to be expected at this time of the season. Its gonna be a cracker and I just can't call it, I think maybe the support of your clan may be a very important factor and also im not too sure how much gas we will have left in the tank after last weeks endeavours. The players unavailable for us are Figallo, Barrington, Fraser, Barritt and Maitland ( 4 of those 5 have been regulars for most of the season) but no excuses,I wish you good luck and if the gods are smiling down on you guys at the end of the game please go on and win the thing.

The ship may now enter harbour negative oilskins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2017 05:00 by whyisitnevereasy.

Posted by: Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2017 09:25

I believe whoever wins today (between Exeter and Sarries) will win the Premiership title, I just hope it's a cracking game and may the best team win, hoping it's Sarries but no disgrace in losing to a very well organized and trained Exeter team, to those going enjoy the game! Nerves have also kicked in here

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net