New Kit for 2017/18
Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 13:06

New kit revealed on Offy
Throwback to pink for AW and Europe!

Re: New Kit for 2017/18
Posted by: SOLOMON (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 19:42

I thought the whole event was a PR triumph. The players did themselves credit with how they had fun with the young children

Posted by: Blue feather (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2017 13:02

I understand that there have been many requests for 'the pink shirt' so good to see a new version. Yes I have bought one! Minor comment on minimalist black home shirt is that it is a missed opportunity not to have the faint dark grey pattern as a chiefs head like the pink cup version.

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 10:50

Oh my grandfather is going to curse when he finds out they've brought the pink shirt back...

Posted by: Blue feather (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 15:10

[i][/i]
Quote:
ExTeddChief
Oh my grandfather is going to curse when he finds out they've brought the pink shirt back...
it's obviously a 'Marmite thing'

Posted by: Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
Date: 22 July, 2017 21:22

I just want to share a "did you know" and a "show the class" post.

Did you know that in the earlier parts of the 20th Century the colour Pink was seen as masculine. The colours for babies were a mirror image from today - Pink for boys, Blue for girls. Google it.

I'm Showing the class this poem from 1927. It's author is unknown.

Rugby Football Union is the last bastion of the complete man, a muddied amphitheatre upon which latter day Nimrods clash in what remains the final refuge of the gladiator. In todays world of convenience and consumerism, where pink besuited clones are whisked from ivory tower to leafy suburbia, man is stripped of his warrior roots, emasculated by protocol and civilisation, whiling away his physical prime in a cosy oasis where courage and heart are vestigal qualities, a throw back to a bygone age.
---
A few, a very few, chose a duifferent path. In the icy gloom of windswepty nights, they gather, pitting themselves against one another in a raw physical contest where heart defeats head, where bravery belittles brawn. They take the field in the knowledge that there is no hiding place, no simple option, no technical solurtion. They have volunteered for the ultimate team game, the ultimate examination of self.
---

Beyond the histrionics of soccer, the silky skilled of hockey, the selfishness of athletics, there lurks the zenith of sport.
Rugby Football Union

This always gives me a lump in my throat and a little bit of pride that I played the Great Game. We all follow the beat of our own drummer after all
smileys with beer
Therefore the pink strip is ok with me.
grinning smiley

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Pawel Vygot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net