No cash needed
Posted by: Chief black hat (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 16:47

So we don't need to take cash tomorrow if we want to eat or drink!
Quicker - season ticket for 5% discount then 1 deposit for the 'glass' then your contactless card!!
Be interesting to see what the food and drink turnover will be! Will baffle our visitors and a lot of our own supporters.
Last minute details on the website seems a bit short notice plus having to pay 40 if you want the so-called 'official' tribe site.

Re: No cash needed
Posted by: Tribester (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 17:06

Yes a bit last minute, and I wasn't aware until reading this post, so thanks.

Fortunately my new debit card is 'contactless' where as my last one wasn't and I would only have had cash on me.

Is it right they won't accept cash at the bars? Chiefs website does indeed say '' Across our 13 match-day bars and all of our food outlets, we will now only be offering contactless payment '' only contactless.

Date: 08 September, 2017 17:19

Now the club email has arrived

here

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 17:23

wondering how many souvenir mugs I will end up with by the end of the season (Sm6) Already have a cupboard full at home from HQ etc.

They look good though. (Sm152)

Posted by: b.q.f.m (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 20:27

Visiting tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if they will take cash or not? It certainly appears to say only contactless but surely they must take cash or risk losing lots of sales, mine included I do not have a contactless card.

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 20:52

They may be a few shocks on there way when the statements come in, "I spent house much?"
Maybe the club is trying to hide the fact how ridiculously expensive it is getting. Trying to get rid of a ticket and people saying "I cant afford to go there".

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 20:52

why would you not be able to pay by cash!

Posted by: Chickamauga (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 21:01

My guess is that this is another badly worded message, and that what they really mean is that any card payments must be contactless, rather than all payments being by contactless card. We'll find out tomorrow...

Posted by: Little Minnie (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 21:12

OMG! Just reading this! I have a contactless card but this is simply ridiculous!! What is wrong with cash???? So stupid!

Posted by: Brent1 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 04:09

Contactless is only authorised up to 30 (or about 3 pints)....so the card facility will need to remain and I can't believe cash will be turned away

Posted by: Big Chief Cheshire Cheese (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 06:57

I have now finally moved into my new teepee and watched Sandbach play as well as enjoying a couple of pints. No contactless, no cash just good old fashioned bartering. It worked quite well until I discovered I'd drank a little more than I thought an now have six are to wash before my bar bill is settled.

Posted by: TqyAndy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 11:38

1 deposit to go with the 30p per pint increase. Cheers 🍻

Posted by: SpookyChiefette (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 11:44

I can report that Chunk pasties were happy to take my proffered cash and confirmed discount for season ticket

Wake up and smell the Chiefs!

Date: 09 September, 2017 12:15

All outlets are taking cash, cards and contactless.

Posted by: Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 19:18

And it's a DEPOSIT, you can get it back if you take your empty pot back at the end of your drinking.

Look at the positives for God's sake. You will be helping massively to reduce the human impact on the planet by nit chucking your disposable bit of plastic in the bin or on the floor.

Posted by: Welsh Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 06:43

Quote:
Geronimo Jim
And it's a DEPOSIT, you can get it back if you take your empty pot back at the end of your drinking.
Look at the positives for God's sake. You will be helping massively to reduce the human impact on the planet by nit chucking your disposable bit of plastic in the bin or on the floor.

I liked the deposit per glass scheme and thought it worked fine. You could swap glasses every round and it stopped mass littering at the end of the game which made the ground look so scruffy. I had no problem paying with cash or card either.

Posted by: Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 12:39

Reminds me of when we were kids way, way back in the '60s when pop bottles could be returned for a few pence. Us kids were very good at scouring Priestfield Stadium post-match to supplement our pocket money. Always a few people who couldn't be bothered to get their money back.

Posted by: PINGO (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 19:47

Several glasses scattered between SP and Digby station and Mrs P saw 2 or 3 being thrown into the bins at the stadium. Fully support this way of doing things and was glad to walk out of North D without worrying about tripping on 400 dozen plastic glasses (we do like to keep our throats lubricated in North D (Sm100)) but I think that they need to put in specific return points for glasses to make it obvious. I'm not the most travelled but it work at HQ and at Franklins.

Posted by: OldWing (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 20:03

There were at least two well signed return points to which several entrepreneurial youngsters were taking large numbers of the glasses - a good addition to the pocket money!

Posted by: PINGO (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 20:38

Oh Ok, didn't notice them last week but will look harder next Sun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net