Braves Game
Posted by: Wampum (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 13:53

Watched the Braves game and pleased with a win in the conditions but didnt recognise some of the new players and not on the clubs profiles (yet?). Watched Van der S closely and was part of a v good scrum but ran a misfiring lineout. Good test for Joe Simmonds as well - not easy to put us in the right areas of the pitch

Re: Braves Game
Posted by: Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 10:32

Saw Tom O'Flaherty run out onto the pitch and thought 'there's no way he's big enough to play this game'. He then proceeded to prove me absolutely incorrect. Put in some good tackles and scored a try.

Posted by: Mabolza (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 11:34

Quote:
Poking With Sticks
Saw Tom O'Flaherty run out onto the pitch and thought 'there's no way he's big enough to play this game'. He then proceeded to prove me absolutely incorrect. Put in some good tackles and scored a try.

He was also VERY good in the pre-season 7s tournament

Posted by: Axe Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 16:59

I thought TO'F was our stand out player (by a distance?), and even if he is on the slighter side was physical in tackling and ball-protecting. If his defence can stand up against tougher opposition his attacking ability will put him close to Woodburn, Nowell, Short & Bodily. Probably the best set of wingers of any AP team?
Considering Bristol had a first team game the next day, and our scrum looked very strong on paper (two International props), I was disappointed, again, that the opposition seemed to last the 80mins better. This was the case against The Cornish Pirate scrum as well, but then Bristol 1st. 15 only just beat them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net