Exeter Chief's Cycling Euro Tour 2017 - Montpellier
Posted by: Dawlish chief (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 16:58

I am about to take part in the 3rd European Rugby Cycle Challenge, this year from Exeter to the Mediterranean City of Montpellier.

The event will again support the Exeter Foundation - in the previous 2 years, we have raised over £32000 towards local charities supported by the Foundation.

26 cyclists are due to leave Sandy Park Exeter on Sun 15 October & cycle to Plymouth for the overnight ferry to Roscoff. We shall then re-commence to Vannes, Ancienes, Poitiers, Brive, Rodez and Montpellier. We'll ride through Brittany, the Loire Valley, Limousin & the Cévennes National Park before descending into Montpellier. We shall cover 850 miles including the ferry and climb over 26000 feet over the 7 days.

My individual target has been set and please can you give as generous as you can to reflect the challenge. Personally, I think this is the toughest of the 3 rides to date. The @ExChiefsCycling twitter feed will be updated daily should you wish to follow it.

If you can spare the time on October 15, please come along to wish us farewell, or if you in Montpellier on Saturday, we hope to arrive at the Stadium at approx. 4pm - to be confirmed. Please come along and welcome us - friendly faces will be very welcome and refreshing after a week in the saddle.

If you would spare a few pennies for Exeter Foundation please visit my donation page on

www.virginmoneygiving.com/paulperkinallezmontpellier

Kind Regards & Many Thanks to you all - Paul

Re: Exeter Chief's Cycling Euro Tour 2017 - Montpellier
Date: 13 October, 2017 05:57

I'd like to thank the people who have kindly put donations on my Exeter Foundation money raising page.

Thank you I'm almost riding for a £1 a mile - that'll make the sore backside better if I can get over than figure. I promise to ignore the hurt in return.

So, please help.

www.virginmoneygiving.com/paulperkinallezmontpellier is the link.

Thank you

Date: 14 October, 2017 08:34

Thanks again to Lowerwatha. Inching up to a £1 a mile for a 700 mile ride. It'll make the ride more comfortable once past the psycoligical barrier!

Thank again - hope to see you in Montpellier

Date: 01 November, 2017 19:17

Just a quick note to everyone. Thank you to all the Supporters who greeted us at the Stade Altrad. After 693 miles, it was a very welcoming sight and just the thing to deflect thoughts of the aches and pains!

Also can I thank all the sponsors on my page which is now over £1300 with gift aid. I even had a Kitchen and bathroom company put money on the the "chop in the tunnel video!!"

Thank you again on behalf of all the Cyclists.

Posted by: Chiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2017 09:19

(Sm152) A massive achievement, a huge well done from me. (Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net