Rimmer
Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2018 07:56

Sad to read in TRP today that Rims has been forced to retire after his stroke in January.

Great servant who has got better and better over the years.
At least he is healthy as things could have been far worse.

Good luck for your retirement, and in your new career Carl, and thanks for the memories

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 07:56 by fatheralice.

Re: Rimmer
Posted by: Boldeagle (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2018 09:04

+1
Always liked watching Carl play,all the best for the future Carl.

Posted by: Brent1 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2018 11:38

+2
Nice bloke and although not a star ... The team never looked weaker when he was on .... Proper club player
Good luck for the future big fella

Posted by: Chiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2018 12:46

Good luck with whatever you do Carl, a real gent and great clubman.

Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2018 16:03

Proud to watch Carl play. Not just a class play but a class gent off the pitch.

Posted by: andy15 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2018 20:11

What a shame simply a great club man 100% effort and one of very best scrummagers- he will be missed.

Just goes to show what a tough game this is - a legend thanks Carl and very best wishes for the future.

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2018 22:01

Gutted for him and personally a bit disappointed to read this in the paper first rather than having the club make announcement first.
His attitude to this massive setback has been first class and the best of luck to him in his future.

Posted by: OggyMan (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 18:56

Thanks Carl for your massive contribution to rugby at Exeter Chiefs. Will always remember you cutting a great angle and crashing over for a try against ??? I am sure someone will remind me who the oppo were.

Best wishes for your new career

Oggy

Posted by: Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 21:16

Great memory away to Connacht, late in the evening after the game, on a Chiefs boys night out there were Rimmer and Scaysbrook deep in conversation, oblivious to all the mayhem going on all around them! Great times,good luck Rimmer.

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 23:51

Quote:
OggyMan
Thanks Carl for your massive contribution to rugby at Exeter Chiefs. Will always remember you cutting a great angle and crashing over for a try against ??? I am sure someone will remind me who the oppo were.
Best wishes for your new career

Oggy

Presenting for his forwards

http://u.cubeupload.com/browneyes/rimmer.jpg

Posted by: Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 12:50

From a Sarries fan, best wishes to Carl and his family, what a truly shocking way to end a career, but I guess his health has to come first, I have enjoyed watching him over the past 6 years, all the best for another close season

Posted by: broadwaychief (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 18:44

The wifes fave chief after stopping for a chat with her on the High Street last pre-season.......

& as for the Kai & Rims show at Steeno & Friends - priceless !!!

Good luck with the future Carl, wishing you the very best

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 21:20

Great servant and 110% trier, allways giving his best when I have seen him. Very best of luck in whatever you do Carl to you and your family.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net