Current Page: 1 of 2
Falcons v Chiefs
Posted by: Brent1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 19:51

Falcons tough fair play but stop being a homer ref !!!!!

Re: Falcons v Chiefs
Posted by: Brent1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 20:19

Well comes to something when we were a bit flat and Falcons fought hard and I still feel disappointed with an away win 4 points...

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 20:26

Very frustrating to watch and I am sure the coaches and players will be feeling the same albeit pleased with 4 points away at Newcastle which is a good result at anytime.
Lots of work ons next week,defence still not where we want it to be and decision making in the 22 not brilliant. Dean Richards gamesmanship now passed on to the ball boys at Kingston Park by the looks of things.......

Posted by: andy15 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 20:43

A game we should have put to bed much earlier, silly errors and soft defence.

How Richards could blame the ref is staggering there could well have been at least one pen try and a couple more yellows.

Take 4 points on that plastic pitch.

Posted by: Broken arrow (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 20:54

Not too unhappy with that result, we canít play brilliant rugby every week but to win away at Newcastle with a poor performance is still a big plus. Rather disagree with Dean Richards, I thought the ref was kinder to them than us ! Very solid performance from Maunder.

Posted by: Fevvers (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 21:01

19/20 points is an outstanding start for any team in any Premiership season. But how we didn't come away from Kingston Park with 5 points is down to poor defence, poor handling at times and some "interesting" kicking out of the hand. But at least we won (well done lads!) on the road against our semi final opposition from last season. Massive room for improvement though... Rob, Rob, Julian and Ali have lots to work on with the boys next week.

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 21:24

Jackson had a stinker.

Flood should have been off for an his 5-10 mins earlier. Clear to see on the TV at the time and in the minutes after when he was signalling he was struggling.. Wonder if there will be some investigation on that.

Ball boys not doing their job another low.

Would have taken 4pts prior to the game, but the players will be disappointed to not get the 5th.

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 03:25

Not the best performance but still got the win! However, we left a few tries out there and should really have the got the bonus point!

It was good to see Dennis get some game time at lock and to see Ewers comeback also (he looks likes heís got bigger!).

I thought Jonny Hill had a good game. He looks like he has added a bit of agression into his game and is now making the odd metre with his carrying. He was always good in the lineout and the maul but if we are to beat Sarries in the big games our locks need to be our engine so itís encouraging to see his progress.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 03:46

Had to listen in on Radio Devon. Sounded a bit of a tough nights work. John Lockyer sounded a bit bemused by Sirs performance. Possible pen try and a couple of yellows? Clearly heard RB shouting for us to put the ball out at the end!
I will watch it when I get home from work

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: BedfordFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 05:43

Falcon in peace.

I was at the match and missed the ball boy incident. Must have been easier to see on TV.

What happened exactly?

Posted by: Broken arrow (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 06:05

One thing last night highlighted for me was how we missed Devoto alongside Slade. Whitten has been a rock for Chiefs but he looks really slow now.

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 06:42

Quote:
BedfordFalcon
Falcon in peace.
I was at the match and missed the ball boy incident. Must have been easier to see on TV.

What happened exactly?

Just not handing the balls over to the chiefs hooker in the final 20 mins. Tmo had to intervene to stop the clock at least twice, which partly helps, but doesn't change the fact that momentum and fatigue levels are affected.

Hard to think it was accidental, and all a bit pathetic imo.
Home ground rules, so I've no real issue with rolling the ball to the away team in the rain for example, but this seemed a step to far.

Posted by: mommentum (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 07:53

Quote:
fatheralice
Quote:
BedfordFalcon
Falcon in peace.

What happened exactly?

Just not handing the balls over to the chiefs hooker in the final 20 mins. Tmo had to intervene to stop the clock at least twice, which partly helps, but doesn't change the fact that momentum and fatigue levels are affected.

Home ground rules, so I've no real issue with rolling the ball to the away team in the rain for example, but this seemed a step to far.

Mainly running down the yellow card

Posted by: Chief black hat (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 09:50

We donít like 4G pitches
Long day out with a lot of hanging about so keeping motivation difficult
So a win is a win with 4 points!
Will Dean Richards get a reprimand for criticising the Ref FIVE times in a very short interview?
Well done Chiefs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2018 09:52 by Chief black hat.

Posted by: COYBARF (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 10:15

Well your game might be over but there's plenty more to the prem weekend, a tight win for Chiefs but what about the rest of the games? Little preview here :

[therunnersports.com]

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 12:45

We seemed to be well in control after our now to be expected `slow` start.Allowed a very tenacious Falcons side to gain momentum mainly through a string of silly penalties that lost us position on a number of occasions.

We seem to look a tad fragile in defence too with too many people slipping off tackles and allowing teams to make easy yards.Much work for Salvi to do there me thinks.

Over all though a good win away from home against a top four team cant be bad!

Posted by: Shouting Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 17:35

[quote fatheralice][quote BedfordFalcon]Falcon in peace.

What happened exactly?[/quote]

Is this gamesmanship not bringing the game into disrepute? I say it is. However if Richards and Falcons want to play silly b*ggers I think we should have a ball boy positioned every five metres around the pitch for the return. I'll volunteer to be one as I think even I can manage a two and a half metre sprint. Maybe I could play the "ageist" card if I'm turned down.
(Sm83)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Posted by: digitalsys (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 06:24

I was stood right next to the ball boy incident and it did not look deliberate at all. The ball boy was having as big a stinker as the ref and didn't appear to get the urgency at all. He was a bit clueless.

However, we all need to be careful about suggesting 'gamesmanship (plus other phrases) on public forums, as they are essentially accusations of cheating, and we are all accountable for what we put into print these days. Unless we know for sure and can prove it if challenged.

Posted by: BedfordFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 08:00

Thanks for the info re ball boys. I had no idea till reading your forum they had caused controvesy. On the side I was standing. One of the Falcons staff in hi vis vest etc. kept telling the ball boy off, saying to hurry up . So I think it's more of a case of Friday night's ball boys just being dozy.

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 11:33

Just watched the game again and Robs comments post match were classic.
Thought the ref was a bit quick with the high tackle whistle, particularly the Ollie Atkins one, the guy was practically on his knees and going down when Ollie caught him.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net