Pow Wow Posts
Posted by: Chief-cum-Lately (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 15:12

We always seem to have fewer posts than other premiership teams. A quick check today 4th November showed we currently have 44 active posts today compared to 237 on the Bath site, 149 for Wasps and 101 for Worcester. We seem to be generally less active than other teams even though we currently have 5 players in the England squad and two others with Wales and Scotland. Maybe we just have less to complain about than most, that might be the case on the Bath board where they seem to be in a state of paranoia as were Harlequins before they left the network. Why are we so relatively inactive do people think?

Re: Pow Wow Posts
Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 15:37

It's been mentioned before regarding the number of posters active on here.
There are people looking in on the site as the number of views on each thread shows. How many of those are Chiefs fans is questionable.
There are of course other social media outlets that could possibly attract more fans than here?

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 16:43

I don't think that it is any coincidence that two of the sites with the largest number of posters are the sites of clubs that are singularly underachieving.

We, on the other hand, are generally pretty happy about where the club is both on the field and off it.

These boards are generally used as a way for supporters to blow off steam and posters come and go on them. If we started falling down the table and playing poorly I am sure that there would be a surge in dissatisfied posters.

Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 17:06

One of the reasons people don't post on here is that if they post anything negative about the Chiefs they are ridiculed or put down by some of the regulars.

I personally know of people who have posted on this site, but have stopped by the replies of some of the other posters.

Posted by: Mabolza (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 17:32

There is also a very lively Chiefs' supporters Facebook group which I'm sure appeals more to the " younger " fans than The Tribe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2018 17:33 by Mabolza.

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 10:37

Not wanting to stir it up but there is/was a tendency an this site for peoples comments to be rather aggressivly put down.This i think puts alot of people voicing their views.
A few exerting domanace over the comments is a real turn off imo.

Posted by: Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 12:34

That's true of pretty much any site though really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net