Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Stuart Hogg
Posted by: Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 20:36

It continues to bemuse me that so many people care what supporters of other teams think. Just saying.

Posted by: Currychief (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 20:37

Not sure where SPD got this from. Was it a troll or an opinion on another site?

Date: 11 November, 2018 20:38

Agreed GJ

Posted by: Chickamauga (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 21:41

From the Telegraph, and sounding pretty definitive:

"Scotland’s satisfaction at a crushing victory over Fiji was followed by disappointment at the news that Stuart Hogg is to leave Glasgow Warriors at the end of this season.

The 26-year-old full-back is joining Premiership champions Exeter when his contract expires in July, although his immediate involvement will be limited by World Cup commitments.

There was keen interest in Hogg but the player is understood to have preferred Exeter as a rural club that he believes has similar values to his native Hawick. He was also impressed with Chiefs’ ambitious coach, Rob Baxter. There were no substantive discussions on staying in Scotland."

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Maybe Gregor's brother Craig put in a good word for Chiefs?

Posted by: Hill Barton Brave (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 08:45

Usually I'd ignore rumours but so many sources are reporting it now fingers crossed it's true. Such talent and experience doesn't become available very often.

If he joins I suspect he'll be our first marquee player (I don't think we've had one before?) So in that respect it's something new and you wonder how it'll all fit together. But he strikes me as a grafter and someone who plays with real heart. So in that respect he'll fit very well.

His statement about leaving Glasgow talked about rugby and family reasons. We don't know what he wants for his family but you'd hope (like all of us who live here) that he'd see this as a wonderful place to raise a family. And you'd also hope that Moray Low has sold the place to him (and maybe one of his new houses too!)

15 Hogg, 14 Nowell, 11 Cordero/Woodburn/Cuthbert. That's quite a tidy back 3 who should make big yards against any defence.

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 09:45

Well if he does join us we at least have a ready made chant for him.

Posted by: Chief-cum-Lately (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 11:13

News that we have, potentially, a back line made entirely of lions must be good but am I the only one who will sadly miss Dolly when he eventually hangs up his boots. He's always been there or so it seems and he was ever reliable, a great shame he never got his cap for Wales. Of course everyone's career eventually ends but lets make sure he knows we'll miss him.

Posted by: Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 15:55

Definitely. One of the most consistent players I've ever seen.

Posted by: mommentum (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 17:29

Does only being able to talk to players from other clubs only apply to English Premiership club ?

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 21:32

Re clubs announcing signings and talking to players....(obviously talking to a bloke sitting next to a player who may happen to overhear is ok! eye rolling smiley )

Rules for transfers within each league

Gallagher Prem players is 6 months from end of contract
Top 14 is 12 months
Pro 14 there are no restrictions

signings from outside your league are exempt from the above.

It would be far better if all 3 leagues had the same rules, with a 12 month window the most sensible I would have thought, for all parties.

Posted by: Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 23:12

For me the "rules" are a joke regarding who can talk to who and when. If my employer said that I could only talk to another company during a certain few months of the year I'd be pretty peed off.

They have fixed term contracts, if they have the opportunity to do better they should have that option, compensation for breach of contract notwithstanding.

Posted by: Jurassic Man (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 05:49

Going to be announced this morning?

According to the Daily Mail anyway.

Daily Mail

Posted by: Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 06:38

Quote:
Exeforever
Well if he does join us we at least have a ready made chant for him.

Made I laugh this did ...

"Get on Exe"

Posted by: Otter Supper (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 08:41

Now official Chiefs sign Hogg

And his views Stuart Hogg

2 year contract, welcome Stuart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2018 08:45 by Otter Supper.

Posted by: Scuff (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 08:50

ignore this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2018 08:51 by Scuff.

Date: 13 November, 2018 09:32

Absolutely delighted!

Posted by: Welsh Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 09:41

Huge statement of intent from the Chiefs... I am sure Rob Baxter and TR will have ensured his wages are realistic and wont damage the current wage structure or the spirit of the club.

Is he the most high profile signing the Chiefs have ever made?

Although Hogg joining improves the quality of the side we are able to put out, it must mean that some loyal servants and decent players will probably need to leave to make room. I would think probably Dolly (retirement) then either Santi and/or Short?

Posted by: Shy Ann (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 10:10

So we could have a semi Trumpton back 3 ..... Cuthbert, Nowell, Hogg.

Posted by: Wampum (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 10:32

Nice one S/A!

Posted by: emohawk (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 10:42

Another boring signing to go with Cordero, Cuthbert, Turner, O'Flaherty, Short. When is RB going to sign someone exciting.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net