ollie
Posted by: fisher (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2019 13:37

Just seen a report that Ollie Atkins is off to France next season.

Re: ollie
Posted by: Little Plums (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2019 14:21

Looks like we’re a little short in the engine room next season. Please could Dean Mumm come out of retirement?

Posted by: Osmium (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2019 15:10

Quote:
Little Plums
Looks like we’re a little short in the engine room next season. Please could Dean Mumm come out of retirement?

Failing that, do you think that Will Witty and Tom Price may be able to help out?

Posted by: Currychief (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2019 18:57

Good luck Ollie. I’ve enjoyed watching you do your bit for the Chiefs

Posted by: Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2019 22:47

Hasn't it been suggested for a while that he was heading off?

Good luck to him and best of luck in a lovely area of France.

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2019 09:51

It was rumoured he was going to Falcons, perhaps relegation put a block on that!

Posted by: Chickamauga (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2019 12:29

Have Chiefs ever confirmed the signing of Jacques Vermeulen, who can cover lock and back row? Articles in SA assume he is heading our way:
[www.iol.co.za]

Posted by: Little Plums (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2019 14:38

Quote:
Osmium
Quote:
Little Plums

Failing that, do you think that Will Witty and Tom Price may be able to help out?

Good point, well made. I do remember hearing about Will Witty but have to admit the announcement about Tom Price had passed me by. Another one of the Under 20’s World Cup winning crop. Rob Hunter’s little black book must be almost empty by now.

Posted by: Chickamauga (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2019 17:30

Another of that U20s squad is available if Rob Hunter wants to add to his collection, as Henry Purdy has been released by Gloucester.

Posted by: VeeDub (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2019 19:40

Tom Price’s Instagram showed him with a fairly hefty knee brace ...

Wake up and smell the Chiefs! 

Posted by: Jagmattuk (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2019 20:57

I don't think we need to buy in more younger players. IMO what we need is a seasoned pro, like we had with Geoff Parling.

Alun Wyn Jones is out of contract at the Ospreys, I would love to see him at Sandy Park for a season or two.

Posted by: Comanche Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2019 10:26

Quote:
fisher
Just seen a report that Ollie Atkins is off to France next season.

Not the only player leaving for one reason or another.
players leaving

Posted by: Axe Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2019 10:36

Too old, but he we would help address 'part' of our 'supposed' decline in those final 20 minutes of the weekend's final. Saracens made a point that having a group of leaders, still on the field, was a big part of their resurgence and inner belief that dragged them over the line.
Certainly with both Yeandle and White off that didn't help our cause. Eventually a young(ish) side will acquire that experience, but as a short term assistance a Parling type person would be no bad thing.

As to Alun Wyn we know it won't happen, but for passion and leadership what a warrior.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net