'Injury Dispensation'
Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2019 12:28

Was listening to an interview with RB and he mentions the above and the salary cap.
Can someone please explain to me what this means?

I drink and forget stuff!

Re: 'Injury Dispensation'
Posted by: Chief caps (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2019 20:34

Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
Was listening to an interview with RB and he mentions the above and the salary cap.

As I understand it, if a player has a serious Injury which will keep him out of the team for over 12 weeks the club can sign a player as injury cover, who's wages will not be included in the salary cap.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2019 20:44

Quote:
Chief caps
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals

As I understand it, if a player has a serious Injury which will keep him out of the team for over 12 weeks the club can sign a player as injury cover, who's wages will not be included in the salary cap.

Makes sense, cheers Chief Caps

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2019 22:17

Replacement player should play in same position or be able to cover that position, and be of a similar or lower level of experience, and equal or lower wages than the player he replaces.

There is a pot of up to 400k that a club can use to pay for replacements under this dispensation.
As stated, Club Dr signs player off for a predicted 12 week or longer layoff, (or 8 weeks if injury spans into the following salary cap year). The injured player can't play until this period is up, even if back fit sooner, and can only be included for dispensation once per year, however further players can be included up to the 400k ceiling.

The replacement player remains with the squad for the rest of the season, in effect bumping up the salary cap by 400K, as pretty much every club will have player(s) who they could claim dispensation for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net