Current Page: 1 of 2
This Site/Forum
Posted by: Moorsman (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2019 23:02

OK I've decided to call it a day with this site. If anyone wants to take it on let me know or it will soon disappear.

Re: This Site/Forum
Posted by: Chiefsfollower (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 07:23

Thanks for all your hard work over the years keeping this site going. I must admit I rarely visit nowadays, a few spats in the past between certain users did put me off. I notice that a lot of sport network sites have closed or moved as it is hard to get people to contribute articles. I am inclined to follow the Facebook group nowadays. The only message I will miss is Oggys away tribe seating announcements!! Thanks again Colin - see you at Sandy Park soon 😊.

Posted by: fisher (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 08:40

Thats the end of an era Colin.Totally understand why you made the decision but still feel sorry to see it happen.Many memories both good and bad from the past ie The Flying Falcon, GJ getting a roasting over a comment on one of Saints players! Thanks for all the time you have given.

Posted by: Chief caps (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 09:51

Thanks for all your hard work over the years Colin, it has been appriciated but all good things must come to an end and I for one will miss this site.

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 12:16

Thank you for all your hard work over the years Colin. It will be odd to have this disappear after all this time but it does seem to have run its natural course.

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 16:01

Thank you Moorsman for running this for all these years.

(Sm152)

Posted by: Tiverton Brave (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 16:53

Cor, that's a real blow I feel and will detach us from some free thinking comments and info trails. We will be totally reliant on 'official' titbits only.

Where else will I get all the info regarding Members meetings, contract updates by Fatheralice and just the general good stuff that is produced by some erudite members on here?
There is still a place for this site....I don't do 'the book of faces' nor have I subscribed to the 'official' tribe site.
I must admit to checking it very regularly just to keep up with what is happening to all aspects of Chiefs rugby.
OK, some of the in house arguments are very petty...'did you call me big nose?' 'Yeah, what of it! I'm allowed to express my opinion IMHO' smiling smiley

Surely someone can carry it on, whatever that entails [as I have no idea how this site works or what is required to keep the plates spinning]

Come on IT savvy people....time to step up

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 17:01

Have a look at View from the 22. Sale, LI, Newcastle already there. Also links to external forums (Shedweb, Quins). Exeter forum already there, ready to go

[forum.viewfromthe22.com]

Posted by: Tribester (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 18:37

That's a shame. I've enjoyed reading this site, and not being a Faceache user, this and the official site were my only Chiefs reads.

But well done for keeping it going so long, for our benefit, and also for doing your best to thwart the trolls.

Cheers.

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 20:15

Moorsman, you have done a brilliant job running this site for so long, I thank you so much. It seems so long ago that we all banded together to sponsor Dolly, all made possible by this board.
Thank you again.

Posted by: tulls (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 21:00

Long time lurker, you've done a great job over the years refereeing the forum. Have seen a noticeable decline in comments over the years. Whether this is as a result or the in hous spats or increase fan base using other social media sites for their chiefs gossip. I hope someone picks up the mantel

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2019 10:28

Thank you Moorsman for taking the time out of your life to keep this forum going........ I really hope someone takes over the running of it...... I'm tempted but not sure I have the time.

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2019 06:38

Colin (Moorsman)

Thank You so very much for your input over the years .... I have loved (and still do) catching up on this .... the original Tribe site.

I see that there is a posting indicating an upgrade review by sport network. As our Super Admin is this likely, imminent and from your experience ... Will it make a difference?

I"d be very sad to see this forum with all of us opinionated, knowledgeable and funny (but only sometimes &#128512winking smiley committed Exe Rugby fans ... Not being able to discuss bits and pieces.

Can we ask, accepting your expertise what the main commitments of the Admin are and what sort of time does it take you - again accepting your expertise and that we would be absolute beginners.

I like Jehovah's Sandals, feel i am not able to individually commit the time that is required.... but would potentially be able to support another(s) with the role once we know the requirements ....

I'm aware from our discussions about ownership of the Tribe brand and that's why it would be good to have a few of us so that views can be moderated on certain areas.

Ant (CCC)

"Get on Exe"

Posted by: minuteman (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2019 22:34

Thanks so much for your time and effort over the years Moorsman . Much appreciated by me and mine . Enjoy your editorial and policing retirement

Posted by: Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2019 07:55

Thank you for your time, effort and putting up with some of my posts Moorsman.

Posted by: totemchief (IP Logged)
Date: 25 July, 2019 14:58

Many Thanks Colin

seems like a good time to retire.

All the best.

Posted by: paulg_chief (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2019 13:39

Moorsman a belated but heartfelt thank you from me for keeping this site running for so long. If no one comes forward to take it on I'm not quite sure what I'll do on Friday's at lunchtime in future, checking for Teams up is instinctive, never stops during the summer and I think it's going to take a considerable amount of time to get out of my system...

All the best.

Date: 30 July, 2019 14:56

Just thought I'd bring this back just in case anyone is interested. Here are SportNetwork's requirements re commitment:

!. You will keep the site fresh by providing regular content for your site this can include news articles, match reports, game previews, live scores, latest league tables, player profiles, fixtures, whatever you choose.
2. Manage the message board to ensure that any offensive or inappropriate posts are removed and enable a sense of community to build up - a ‘bit of banter’ is fine!

It's pretty straightforward the main commitment being to keep a regular (daily) eye on the message board and manage any issues as well as a fresh article every 2 weeks.. I've 'customised' the site over the last 13 years and it does need refreshing but this is easy enough to do if you can use any word processing software. The guys at SportNetwork are quick to respond with any plea for help too.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2019 17:02

Cheers Colin.
I'd be happy to give it a go but I don't have daily access to a laptop/PC. Is it possible to carry out theses or part of these actions via a mobile?

I drink and forget stuff!

Date: 30 July, 2019 22:32

It's possible to moderate the forum via smartphone and that's all you need to do on a daily basis. Most of the time there's no action to take.
DM me an email address and I'll put you in touch with SportNetwork so they can set you up.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net