Barrow - away
Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2017 16:24

Hi,
I just thought I would get into practice,should I decide to follow the club.

My first game will be at Workington - and then the home game against Rowley's Lot.

It seems few,if any,fancy the chances at Barrow.

A long coach trip does,sometimes,engender a very good amount of team bonding and with the Barrow side having some big games this month I hope the Ironmen catch them a little over-confident,and with the expected changes,not so very fluid.

I don't mind seeing the victories following the first.

The local press may require a shock to the system - [www.nwemail.co.uk]

I shall look from afar with great interest.

Best wishes.

Re: Barrow - away
Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 14:57

I fear that the two away games in the far north will be very tough for the lads. This season is proving to be every bit as difficult as previous years BUT we all know that a win or two changes everything.

Date: 06 May, 2017 20:23

I followed on the club Twitter account and I thought I would risk listening,in parts,to Radio Cumbria.

Never,ever,before have I heard Radio Cumbria be as non-biased or as gracious as they were to the South Wales Ironmen.

I listened more in the second half.

Seems to me there is no issue with the team spirit or with the fitness levels as they kept battling.

For me,lots of positives from that.

The scoreline may seem off-putting - I would think that as from now all of the sides in the bottom half are beatable.Starting at Workington next week.I shall hopefully be in attendance.

Should I be suitably impressed over the coming weeks,is it possible to purchase replica shirts on a matchday at The Wern,or do I have to go through the Macron shop,at Cardiff?

Date: 07 May, 2017 07:42

The club's official site directs you to the Macron online shop and the range of shirts is shown there.

The season ticket offer is still open it seems and for 75 you get a ST plus a home shirt which is a great offer.

see ironmenrl.wales

Great to hear that the team once again kept going until the end. The match against Workington might be a little easier as they have had a mixed start themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2017 07:44 by Rogero.

Date: 07 May, 2017 11:09

Thanks for that,Rogero,Macron shop it is then.

As I cannot make the home game v Oxford - but can make the away games at Workington and Keighley,then the home game v Toronto - I can but home to witness the first win at Workington.

Slightly perturbed that the Locker Room section on the official site for first team,reserves and under 17 details,did not include a number of players in the squad for yesterdays game at Barrow.

Just as well as I quite enjoy a steep learning curve.(Sm105)

Date: 09 May, 2017 12:24

A win at Workington would be fantastic!

- getting that elusive first win will be a great boost to all concerned.

Date: 10 May, 2017 20:49

The players must take heart from the half time score at Keighley tonight where Barrow have scored 30 points.Only 4 points less than South Wales conceded after a long coach trip,and away from home.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net