Shield games/Final 8's
Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2017 15:51

It seems I was incorrect about hosting a certain side at Stebonheath Park.

The 3 remaining home games should see the visitors as being -

University of Gloucester All Golds

North Wales Crusaders

Hemel Stags

I hope the people turn-out in big numbers.Should be good.

Source - bottom right corner

Re: Shield games/Final 8's
Posted by: jd1664. (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2017 00:48

I don't know if anyone else has done the math but there has to be very high probability of the Raidersaders being pitched against the former world club champions, Bradford Bulls next season.

You might argue that the Bulls should have re-started in League 1 anyway, but their points deduction means that barring them winning minimum 5 or 6 games from 7 in the Super 8 (depending if they beat Swinton this weekend) then they will be visiting Stebonheath next year. Under a real worse case of losing to Swinton and Oldham beating Rochdale at the weekend then their survival, on points difference, requires 13 points from a possible 14 assuming the rivals take no points!!

Bizarre!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/07/2017 08:38 by jd1664..

Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2017 11:12

The 3 home games remaining for SWI,which are to be played at Stebonheath park,Llanelli,

are all scheduled for a 3pm k.o.but 2 of the games are scheduled for a Saturday.

Saturday 29th July 3pm v Gloucestershire All Golds

Sunday 13th August 3pm v Hemel Stags

Saturday 9th September 3pm v North Wales Crusaders

I don't think it's a deliberate effort to upset Andrew Thorne,who has organised a Saturday breakfast on the morning of the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Final,but the fixture at London Skolars has been scheduled for the Friday Night Lights/Lights Night on Friday *surprisingly* 25th August 6.30pm k.o

With regard to Bradford a long running rumour has been that they will NOT be relegated.Perhaps a change in the number of clubs in the 2 upper divisions and the reliance of away support for some Championship clubs,as well as the interest the RFL has in Bradford,may be the deciding factors.

School holiday time and the last 3 home fixtures ending with a cracker.

Nice build up in attendances will do nicely.

Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2017 15:34

Interesting times indeed.

The last time I saw Bradford Bulls they were playing Celtic Crusaders at Bridgend. I know that Chris was one of the merry band who saw the CC's win at Odsal! Happy days!

The League 1 shield fixtures gives the club a good chance to put some roots down but losing the South Wales name is, for me, a bit of a challenge.

However despite highs and lows and being knocked from all quarters I will keep this message board going and will get down to Llanelli whenever possible.

The game is still the best in the world. But recent years hav taken their toll on many fans' enthusiasm.

ONWARDS AND HOPEFULLY UPWARDS.

I will update fixtures over the next few days as I have had a short holiday in Cornwall,

Roger

Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2017 18:27

Here are the seven matches the South Wales Ironmen will contest in their first and final season under that name.

29/07/2017 South Wales V Gloucester at Llanelli (Stebonheath)
13/08/2017 South Wales V Hemel Stags at Llanelli (Stebonheath)
20/08/2017 Oxford V South Wales
25/08/2017 London Skolars V South Wales
03/09/2017 Hunslet V South Wales
09/09/2017 South Wales V North Wales Crusaders at Llanelli (Stebonheath)
16/09/2017 Coventry V South Wales

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/07/2017 18:31 by Rogero.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net