Hemel Stags beat us and push us to the bottom of the table.
Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 18:22

After the morale boosting win in our initial match at Llanelli it was back to unfortunately a defeat as the Ironmen were beaten by bottom club Hemel Stags. The victory places the Ironmen at the bottom of the league table as hemel leapfrog over us.

The final score 4 - 22 (0 - 10 at half time).

To manage only one score, a Christain Roets try, against Hemel is disappointing as they have conceded more points than any other team in the division.

Our next match is away at Oxford.

Re: Hemel Stags beat us and push us to the bottom of the table.
Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 22:16

It was very disappointing;and quite painful.

Not only did we commit suicide,in sporting terms,by the death from a thousand self-inflicted cuts by losing possession on tackle 1,2 or3 during a majority of the game,but it was made worse by the slowest ruck area I have seen for a very long time,and GLDO's,when we won one,were delivered after the Stags were suddenly injured and required treatment.

Didn't the Aussies bring in time limits for GLDO's? I think I have reached the stage where I would have the attacking side start again from the 40 metres line and forget about GLDO's.

( It did give me an idea with regard to the Ball Retrievers - the old gender specific Ball Boys that I am too tired to re-name just at the mo.)

It should be a criminal offence to play so badly on such a splendidly manicured,verdant,snooker table smooth surface such as now expected at Stebonheath Park,and where unlike some Super League pitches,the association football markings were removed from the Friday night,so there was no centre circle,penalty spot,18 yards lines visible.....but I have put it down to the extra mileage driven by the players and some bad 'Sunday Driving' by other motorists,with some road works thrown in,making the preparations for the game somewhat unusual and unexpected.

It was as bad as the previous display against All Golds had been good.

Interesting rumour about our next opponents Oxford and their possible/likely merger with Gloucestershire all Golds to form new club and relocate.

It could work in our favour on Sunday.

Credit to our coach,and players,for their discipline when it was very,very frustrating.

I think we have played better even when the blowout scorelines have occurred.

I'm still looking towards the 10 years after period.This is 10 years after Celtic Crusaders gained promotion,in 2007,beating Gateshead Thunder,who finished bottom or second bottom,that year.

The following season,2008,they won the league defeating Doncaster who had a certain Luke Gale,now at Castleford,playing in the halves....and coached by Ellery Hanley....and owned by the rich guy Harrison,now a players agent with Show Me The Money.

Only one way to go after Sunday.Upwards.

Date: 15 August, 2017 22:21

Further to the above - It seems I typed out quite a bit.

GLDO's Page 11

Date: 17 August, 2017 08:17

Thanks cast-iron your thoughts are very much appreciated by me.

This South Wales forum is still here and over 10 years old I believe!

The discussion regarding Oxford and Gloucester has been covered extensively on other forums and could be nothing more than journalistic talk - we wait and see.

Date: 17 August, 2017 12:40

Thanks Rogero,
Congratulations on the decade of rugby league coverage for,and of,South Wales

I don't feel too bad now that I find the player I thought showed a bit of class for Hemel,is in fact one of 3 players brought to the club from Hull FC.

Jack Wray,wearing the number 6 shirt,had 4 years at Leeds Academy,and has signed a 3 years contract,last November,with the Hull FC first team.

There is more info about Wray from the Hull FC end

I was slightly taken aback with their match report,shown on the official website,where the writer refers to my coup de foudre,Stebonheath Park,as 'a very tired looking stadium'

The writer may be apoplectic if Bradford are to play in League 1 in 2018 and Hemel play at Odsal.

Not Quite Wrapped In Pink Ribbon And Smelling Of Roses - Lacks Spin!

Date: 23 August, 2017 17:20

"Coup de Foudre" !

Brilliant cast iron - you are a linguistic master.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net