Hunslet (A) John Charles Stadium Sun 3rd Sept
Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 11:56

Looking forward to this one - at the stadium named after the Welsh international footballer

never cautioned or sent-off ( yellow carded or red carded to younger readers.)

Spirits must be high.Good reports from playing in London against one possible Shield Finalist side,where their coach credited our players with working hard for the full 80 minutes - no change there,then - and from Phil Carleton,who,with debutants,stated the side continues to improve and gel.

It got me thinking we are an inchoate club/team and we are progressing inch by inch quite rapidly.

I got the quotes from the RLE this morning - where more good news was to be found.

Under the headline - Ironmen Financially Sound - Andrew Thorne is quoted as saying

''....we're actually starting to make a profit on game day.'' This after putting a

figure on the debt and stating,...'We'll be going into next year with a level balance

sheet,which is a real positive.

He seems to have worked a bit of a miracle and with the entrance fee so cheap to those

attending the home games the miracle(s) continues...

He also mentions entering into contract talks with Phil Carleton.....so I hope the magic continues.

Here's my bit to help persuade Phil Carleton continue his good work....and a quiz to

name the current head coaches you see in the short film.

I'll help with 2,only,Danny Wilson,head of the Academy at Hull,which recently accepted a couple of Welsh youngsters,is one,and Robin Peers,at Boston 13,where a former Welsh international player,Peter Lupton,has earlier this year replaced him.

Oh,and name the Welsh international leading on the hill run.

Al Pacino - Not Bad At His Craft - Or coaching,seemingly

Re: Hunslet (A) John Charles Stadium Sun 3rd Sept
Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 29 August, 2017 20:54

Thanks for the input - it is much appreciated.

I will ponder and come back to you!

The Crusaders game will be very interesting too.

Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2017 10:28

Not only did South Wales Ironmen get a good write-up in the RL press,but also in the national press.

Pretty impressive,in the week when an opposition player gets a ban after an incident in a game against our wonderfully disciplined,hard-working side.

The writer of the piece,Gavin Willacy,This Guy

mentioned under the 'Fifth And Last' sub-heading a little bit about us and after a little error in the printing has stated he 'would love to catch a game'at Llanelli

Read - Fifth And Last and Comments.

Posted by: 40:20 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 11:34

Another crushing defeat leaves us at the bottom of the table.

Can we beat the Crusaders?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net