Announcement One
Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2018 17:28

Partnership Development

Announcement Two is my personal favourite...

Re: Announcement One
Posted by: jd1664. (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2018 18:42

Didn't the original Scorpions have a similar agreement?

Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 07:31

The club have become past masters of drip feeding information to the public, we had to endure day by day announcements of player signings now we are told Announcement Two is better than Announcement One, but what is it?

The world of WWR - never a dull moment!

Posted by: Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 09:29

According to cast iron/angelic cynic (on totalrl) the announcement is is the coming weeks not days....

From what I experienced previously Wigan will want control overs this as they certainly won't want to just hand players over for games. They will want a coach in place that they are happy with ie is part of their setup not necessarily Phil unfortunately....hopefully I am wrong on that.

The situation with players will also need to be managed - training sessions of less than double figures due to arguments with the coach and issues over Wigan lads being prioritized over local players like last time hopefully won't be repeated.

Posted by: lewj (IP Logged)
Date: 31 May, 2018 20:06

Last time this happened the coaches said the Wigan players can fit in because Scorpions trained the same style of play.

I questioned whether being at varying levels of talent meant that Scorpions players would struggle with this but they didn't like questions it seemed.

As far as I could see it caused more trouble than good. They also came for payment of providing these players too if I remember rightly so if I were the club I would approach with caution.

Posted by: Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
Date: 31 May, 2018 20:25

Im sure on the payment side the owners must be able to cover this - but if as is likely the match fee they receive is far in excess of Raiders local players then they would need to be making a significant on field difference for that not to be a really decisive issue.

Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 31 May, 2018 22:23

These agreements like people bearing gifts often come with problems.

However in the short term the club cannot afford to carry on setting records for all the wrong reasons, and I foe one think they have their eyes on the Hemel game as one they have to win.

Lewj knows better than most than fans don't care who plays in the shirts as long as the shirts are played for.

The season this far has not so much as being an advert for the game but an example of how far behind WWR are.

Yes League 1 is stronger than before but the stronger teams didn't choose to be in this division they were RELEGATED to it!

Plenty to think about and I'm glad I kept this forum going, some of the rubbish on FB / Twitter etc has to be seen to be believed.

Posted by: 40:20 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2018 07:04

I have to agree, but however it happens results must improve and quickly. The step up to league one is a far bigger one than the WWR owners anticipated it would seem.

The XIII man code is tough and prisoners are not taken by teams clamouring for points.

I have never been a fan of dual reg and others have similar opinions but we are where we are....

GLA (good luck all)..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net