Heartland Clubs - Financial Problems
Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2018 19:12

As our misfortune continued with Whitehaven defeating us,at the time the promise of a takeover was happening,we learned 2 days later that the takeover was abandoned and the club is struggling to finish the season.

Earlier today,championship club Barrow,also went public with their story,

HERE

Now,shortly after defeating us at their home stadium,comes a press release which I first took to be a hoax,but it also seems their website ain't operating,suggest Keighley have financial woes.

STORY HERE

The sport is in a bit of a mess.I hope the meeting involving Championship and League 1 clubs gives us some hope for the future.

I suspect more clubs will be revealing money troubles between now and the start of the 2019 campaign.

Re: Heartland Clubs - Financial Problems
Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2018 20:06

I read the Keighley piece and have extracted this..

".. from 2021 that the Super League will be taking over Rugby League and the proposal is that there will be 20/24 clubs forming a Super League and a Super League 2 with those not involved being moved to the National Conference League as an amateur club."

If this is the case what on earth is the point of WWR battling to get anywhere? Or have I mis-read this.

I doubt very much inside the next few years (by 2021) we could get into the top 24 which is the equivalent of the Championship.

Re: Heartland Clubs - Financial Problems
Posted by: 40:20 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2018 09:53

The Super League clubs are doing what the Premier League clubs have done in football. They all want more of the cake, which in RL terms isn't getting bigger. In football the cake is still growing...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net