Pre-Season Game - Saturday 2nd Feb
Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2018 10:20

A mouth-watering pre-season game to be played at Stebonheath Park

We Welcome Wigan Warriors

Re: Pre-Season Game - Saturday 2nd Feb
Posted by: 40:20 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2018 16:42

It is their Under 19 side in all honesty.

But still.

Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2018 11:40

I admire your enthusiasm CI but Wigan's under 19 visiting can hardly be described as mouth watering! If it was their first team then yes...

Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2018 20:21

I think it is a terrific fixture.

Wigan Warriors Under 19's have just won the last 2 seasons Grand Finals,and won 9 from the past 11 seasons.

Coventry Bears hosted Leeds Under 19's before the start of the last campaign and recorded their highest attendance.

Leeds do not have a reserve side and send many of their squad out on loan/dual reg.

One of the Wigan squad has gone to Workington on a season long loan for 2019.

To play against a side that have been together for many years through the Wigan system is going to be a huge challenge.

I don't see any point in playing the Wigan first side - who may just go through the motions.

I would hope the plan is to test and improve our players for the real thing.

Could not have got a better game for the same month as the League 1 campaign starts.

The Wigan conveyor belt is the best in the UK.Or it was under Wane and co.who have now left.

Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2018 21:38

Good points - well made!

I withdraw my previous comments!

Seasons Greetings to all!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net