Southern Conference League 2019 - Blue Dragons are in!
Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 18 December, 2018 07:26

The 14 clubs participating with the Southern Conference League in 2019 are as follows. More details to be released by the RFL in the new year regarding structure and fixtures,

Western Division:

All Golds (Gloucestershire)
Cardiff Blue Dragons
Swindon St George
Torfaen Tigers
Valley Cougars

Eastern Division:

Bedford Tigers
Brixton Bulls
Eastern Rhinos
Hammersmith Hills Hoists
Hemel Stags
London Chargers
North Herts Crusaders
South London Silverbacks
Wests Warriors

Re: Southern Conference League 2019 - Blue Dragons are in!
Posted by: jd1664. (IP Logged)
Date: 18 December, 2018 18:49

A real “blast from the past” !!

Posted by: mikebee (IP Logged)
Date: 19 December, 2018 20:54

I am probably clutching at straws, but do Cardiff have any ambitions of reaching championship one level at some point. I remain convinced that with the right funding a club in Cardiff would be the best hope of establishing the wonderful game of Rugby League in Wales.

Posted by: jd1664. (IP Logged)
Date: 21 December, 2018 08:52

Do you not think we should talk of establishing one side in this part of the world before talking of another? Much as I dislike the distance to WW the game is simply too small IMHO to even think about another yet.

Posted by: mikebee (IP Logged)
Date: 21 December, 2018 18:33

I don't think Cardiff doing well needs to be at the expense of WWR. The more lads playing the game the better. The stated aim of Cardiff is "to become the premier club in Wales. We want to play at the highest level possible and have big ambitions for the future" is the message on their website.

As you say us supporters are very thin on the ground, and it is for this reason that I have always been convinced that for a new club to become established the only hope is for it to be based in Cardiff. Do WWR have a long term sustainable future in Llanelli? If you look at what has happened over the last few years the signs are not good. This is just my opinion, and I fervently hope I am wrong.

Hopefully WWR will be competitive this coming season, and I wish them every success.It is looking good at present, and obviously a lot of expense, time and effort is going into the club at the moment. I just hope that all the hard work pays off long term with enough paying fans to make this a viable venture. I would be there myself if I could, but a 200 mile round journey makes it mission impossible.

Thanks to Rogero for keeping this forum going, and special thanks to CI for all the info on WWR. Merry Christmas everyone.

Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2018 09:22

Thanks mikebee.

A lot of good points made and some nice sentiments too.

I personally would love a semi pro team based in Cardiff as my 117 mile round trip to Stebonheath makes it a real labour of love. BUT I wish WWR every success and will get down there as and when I can.

Best wishes to all who read the message board, it has been going now for about 15 years would you believe?

The board is not just about WWR - it's about RL in Southern Wales.

Merry Christmas ALL.

Rogero

Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2018 10:57

More participation in the sport,and more publicity and attendances has to be the target.

Cheers,mikebee.

Best wishes to all and the best year ever on the rugby league front for all in Wales.

There are certainly some individuals putting in a huge amount of work and more youngsters

seem to be getting involved.

I think we can go into 2019 with a lot of confidence.The hard work needs to be maintained.

I'm sure it will.

Have a great Festive period.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net