1895 Cup
Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 08 January, 2019 18:23

League 1 teams Coventry Bears, North Wales Crusaders and London Skolars have apparently said that logistical reasons are behind their decisions not to enter the 1895 Cup. Toronto Wolfpack and Toulouse Olympique have already confirmed they will not take part.

Games in the later stages will be played midweek which will obviously be more difficult in terms of travelling. The two overseas teams decisions make sense to me.

The tournament offers teams a great chance of getting to Wembley on Challenge Cup final day!

Re: 1895 Cup
Posted by: 40:20 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 08:16

What happens if a team gets to both finals!!??

Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2019 19:12

I put myself under the false impression that these games were set to be played

on midweek nights in May/June.

That must be totally wrong as the draw for the games will take place on Tuesday night

on the RFL Facebook page - after the draw for the next round of the Coral Challenge Cup.

I DO NOT KNOW WHEN THE FIRST GAME IS TO BE PLAYED

Draw On Tuesday Night

Date: 06 March, 2019 19:17

** I thought I had read MAY somewhere!

It is on the RFL site

Being the sport of rugby league expect the unexpected **

MAY and JUNE - Final JULY....But it may have changed...

Date: 07 March, 2019 08:42

BUT what happens if a team gets to BOTH finals, it is unlikely but may happen!!

Date: 07 March, 2019 10:22

Play the reserves!

Date: 08 March, 2019 13:02

It is a serious question - if a Championship team gets to both finals what the heck will happen? Only in RFL world you have 2 competitions ending on the same day with some teams playing in both!!!

Date: 12 March, 2019 18:46

WWR have been drawn away to Domcaster - weekend of 4/5 May.

Date: 12 March, 2019 19:45

I think,ahem,that this game will take place on the Sunday as the soccer club,Doncaster

Rovers are at home to Coventry City on the Saturday.

Just to add to fixture confusion - the scheduled League 1 game,at the end of the May month,is when the soccer pitch may be reseeded.

Last year,we were going to play on the adjacent 'stadium ' - however,the game was taken to

Featherstone Rovers ground.

** The good news from the Coral Challenge Cup draw is that Keighley Cougars have a home

' derby ' game with Bradford Bulls which should take a lot out of them before they play at Stebonheath Park,a week later **

Date: 13 March, 2019 06:46

I will update the fixture list to include this cup game. It looks like we will be playing Doncaster in consecutive matches...

Date: 13 March, 2019 07:00

The cup draw gods are not smiling kindly on WWR this season!

But we have to take each game as they come.

Date: 19 March, 2019 14:22

Should West Wales Raiders reach the Final of the 1895 Cup

It will be played AFTER the conclusion of the 2019 Coral Challenge Cup Final

and AFTER the cup presentation,lap of honour and everything else.

** It seems the CCC will be paying respect to the late,and great,Steve Prescott,

with his son completing remarkable physical feat in the build up **

Date: 14 April, 2019 19:07

Doncaster have today beaten Championship side Batley Bulldogs in the Coral Challenge Cup.

The next round of that competition takes place a week after our 1895 Cup game at Doncaster.

The draw should be interesting - as should the team selection - for both games.

Interestingly,Doncaster had a hooker and a loose forward together in the halves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2019 19:14 by cast-Iron13.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net