Current Page: 1 of 4
After a dozen games...
Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2019 12:17

This doesn't make pleasant reading but is the position we find ourselves after 12 competitive matches.

Played 12
Lost 12
Points scored 94
Points against 628

Average score 52 - 8.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2019 17:33 by Rogero.

Re: After a dozen games...
Posted by: Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2019 13:15

How does that stack up with last year Rogero?

Date: 09 June, 2019 17:34

2018 was worse !

Played 12
Lost 12
Points scored 82
Points against 998

Average score 83 - 7

Posted by: Penybont Crusader (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2019 19:09

Thanks Roger. I’ll take this then as improvement - certainly on points conceded.

Date: 09 June, 2019 22:44

It's an improvement certainly BUT we were going to be "competitive in every game" !!
That is I believe some way off...

However onwards and upwards.

Can we avoid achieving 50 consecutive defeats?

Keep positive and the right attitude.

GLA

Rpgero

Posted by: 40:20 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2019 06:45

Our next three games:

ROUND TWELVE
Saturday, June 15 London Skolars v West Wales Raiders 15:00

ROUND THIRTEEN
Saturday, June 22 West Wales Raiders v Hunslet 15:00

ROUND FOURTEEN
Sunday, June 30 Oldham v West Wales Raiders 15:00

In years gone by we have had some success against London but they are now a very good side and it looks like we have some more tough matches coming up, hopefully the promised new signings will improve things...

Posted by: 40:20 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 11:36

It's gone awful quiet on here (again).......................

Posted by: jd1664. (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 14:00

Speaking as someone who has “gone quiet” it’s because it’s really quite depressing and I think if you searched this board for “we used to win against London” or “tough matches coming up” then I suspect you would get quite a lot of hits in the last few years.

Has anything really changed? Oh yes our average points shipped is now in the 50’s not the 80’s. So.........

Date: 11 June, 2019 17:39

Quote:
jd1664.
Speaking as someone who has “gone quiet” it’s because it’s really quite depressing and I think if you searched this board for “we used to win against London” or “tough matches coming up” then I suspect you would get quite a lot of hits in the last few years.
Has anything really changed? Oh yes our average points shipped is now in the 50’s not the 80’s. So.........

You cannot argue with any of that - and it is just what I feared was the reason behind the lack of activity on the oldest and longest running RL board in the Principality.

Posted by: jarrad (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 19:44

At least its not 100 think of the positives

Posted by: cast-Iron13 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 21:26

Erm,I don't want to cause any panic,but that referee who was on the field at the same

time West Wales Raiders did concede 100+ points in 2018,will be on the field in Wood

Green.North London,on Saturday.

When Brandon Robinson refereed his only game,thus far,in 2019,it was a home defeat

to Oldham Roughyeds,with the final score 8 - 72.

Date: 11 June, 2019 21:49

We will be ok this week. Boys looked well in training tonight a few injured lads back too

Date: 12 June, 2019 08:08

Quote:
jarrad
We will be ok this week. Boys looked well in training tonight a few injured lads back too

Nothing would be better than returning from London with a victory!

Date: 12 June, 2019 08:19

Couldnt agree more rog

Date: 14 June, 2019 15:34

Quote:
Rogero

Nothing would be better than returning from London with a victory!

The Skolars 19 has been announced.Neither Palumbo or Tuliatu are named.

However,Elliot Jennings is in the squad.

Date: 14 June, 2019 17:44

I cannot find any odds for the game on the internet yet - but will post up on here when I do.

Date: 14 June, 2019 17:48

Just found that SKYBET are giving WWR a 52 point lead in the handicap. So the bookies don't think we have any chance of a result.

It would be nice to prove them wrong.

WWR are 10/1 against winning in a straight match.

Date: 17 June, 2019 07:07

The only plus point was that the bookies at SKYBET got it wrong in the handicap stakes - WWR were only 45 points worse than London, so I did at least win a fiver!

In reality it was another hammering. After 13 games we have now conceded over 1000 points and not scored 100 yet - so clearly our attacking game is not cutting the mustard as we are averaging a total of 7 points per game.

We are approaching the second anniversary of our last win, what needs to be done to make us competitive? What has not worked and what needs to be improved upon?

Date: 17 June, 2019 10:23

Quote:
Rogero
We are approaching the second anniversary of our last win, what needs to be done to make us competitive? What has not worked and what needs to be improved upon?

Operating with only one recognised half back - Tyler Hunt - isn't working,as he has had different half back partners in Ash Bateman and Steve Parry,and others,none of whom have been recognised half backs - and Tyler Hunt does far too much defensive work.

Lack pace in all areas.

The full back does lots of work so doesn't get the opportunity to link in with any attacking efforts.

Going back to having more of the old 'losing culture'players of last season,more than 'new' players for this campaign,has compounded the lack of confidence that has permeated the players.

Other clubs have made use of dual reg - this past weekend both Doncaster in this League,and Swinton,in The Championship,have won games mainly due to the influence of a Super League player on dual reg.Newcastle Thunder being another.

Hunslet,who lost to Doncaster,will be determined to get back on track when they visit Stebonheath Park on Saturday.

Opposition clubs will now be stepping up in their determination to get to the play-offs.

It was a bit depressing to see approx 10 Welsh lads in the Halifax side that played Sheffield Eagles in the 1895 Cup,the other week.

Also disappointing to see another Welsh lad travel up to Workington to play for them.

I don't know what direction the club is going in - or what the plan may be.

There is now talk of increasing the numbers of the Championship for next season which may mean even less central funding for those remaining in League 1.

Date: 17 June, 2019 12:34

Quote:
cast-Iron13
Quote:
Rogero

Operating with only one recognised half back - Tyler Hunt - isn't working,as he has had different half back partners in Ash Bateman and Steve Parry,and others,none of whom have been recognised half backs - and Tyler Hunt does far too much defensive work.

Lack pace in all areas.

The full back does lots of work so doesn't get the opportunity to link in with any attacking efforts.

Going back to having more of the old 'losing culture'players of last season,more than 'new' players for this campaign,has compounded the lack of confidence that has permeated the players.

Other clubs have made use of dual reg - this past weekend both Doncaster in this League,and Swinton,in The Championship,have won games mainly due to the influence of a Super League player on dual reg.Newcastle Thunder being another.

Hunslet,who lost to Doncaster,will be determined to get back on track when they visit Stebonheath Park on Saturday.

Opposition clubs will now be stepping up in their determination to get to the play-offs.

It was a bit depressing to see approx 10 Welsh lads in the Halifax side that played Sheffield Eagles in the 1895 Cup,the other week.

Also disappointing to see another Welsh lad travel up to Workington to play for them.

I don't know what direction the club is going in - or what the plan may be.

There is now talk of increasing the numbers of the Championship for next season which may mean even less central funding for those remaining in League 1.

A brutally honest synopsis of where the club stand midway through the 2019 season. A season we all hoped we herald a new era after the dreadfully disappointing 2018 campaign. Unfortunately we seem content to watch other teams embrace the rules whilst continuing on a seemingly meandering track to nowhere. Fans and more importantly potential supporters need more than is currently being served up.

WWR will soon be overtaken by a team who started on minus 12 points...

Good luck to all who pull on the shirts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/06/2019 12:57 by Rogero.

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net