Hunslet - this it!
Posted by: SMB (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2019 05:42

First and foremost , Iím actually a Widnes fan. So I know how it feels to support a losing side!

I started following the Raiders after the 144-0 v York last season, admittedly out of pity maybe, but since then Iíve genuinly regularly kept tabs on your teams results and news.

I think itís admirable what youíre doing down there in terms of introducing local lads to the game and giving them a taste, but itís a tough old game rugby league and you could probably do with a few old heads to help you through. I appreciate that itís difficult however to attract seasoned players from the north - Llanelli is miles out the way so to get part time players to commit is neon impossible.

But Iíd say stick with what youíre doing. In my eyes youíre doing expansion the right way in that you are introducing local lads to the game, unlike toronto who have no grassroots and just throw money at it.

Good luck today v Hunslet - theyíre a good side but I think the Raiders will be well up for this

Re: Hunslet - this it!
Posted by: Rogero (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2019 11:09

Based upon your optimism I have invested £1 at 25/1 on a win for the Raiders!

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the post and others throughout the season, all contributions help keep the forum ticking over.

Date: 22 June, 2019 16:45

LOST 72 - 10 (Thirteen tries to two)

Posted by: Taketheone... (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2019 16:54

Oh no another hammering and Keighley Cougars won so WWR are now adrift at the foot of the table.

Date: 23 June, 2019 16:21

Can we take anything positive from another hammering? I watch the interviews with the coach and we are told we are learning, working hard, trying new things etc BUT the results are getting worse not better. I know the players are doing their best but as an advert for the game it is becoming increasingly difficult to raise the subject in the pub etc.

Rogero just searching for crumbs of comfort.

Posted by: jarrad (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2019 16:31

I think its a case everyone has got better this year even us. But again we switch off ar vital times. The only positive is the 2 fijian lads who made their debut they looked a level above.

Posted by: Taketheone... (IP Logged)
Date: 24 June, 2019 17:58

Quote:
jarrad
I think its a case everyone has got better this year even us. But again we switch off ar vital times. The only positive is the 2 fijian lads who made their debut they looked a level above.

Do you think we will get a win this season Jarrad? And if so who have we got the most chance of beating?

Posted by: jarrad (IP Logged)
Date: 24 June, 2019 21:17

Coventry .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net