Current Page: 1 of 2
London Welsh v Staines RFC
Posted by: Mediocrity (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 21:14

London Welsh v Staines RFC

First home game of 2017/18 season on Saturday, kick off 3pm.

If anyone interest, pre match lunch (including Q&A), need to be booked by contacting the ODP Office on 0208 332 6696 (no booking will be taken after 1pm Friday 15th Sept), cost per head 12.

Re: London Welsh v Staines RFC
Posted by: garrob1966 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 15:56

Interesting selection in the backs...

[t.co]

Posted by: nld (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 16:41

Sneak peak of the team sheet shows a few new names, strong pack and plenty of experience in the squad!

Posted by: Y Drenewydd (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 17:02

That's good news .... I had a feeling there were a few players being held in "reserve "
(:-))

Date: 15 September, 2017 20:38

Date: 15 September, 2017 20:39

London Welsh 1st XV v Staines Rfc K.O. 3pm at Old Deer Park

1. Oliver Smart
2. Ben Cullen
3. Samuel Mahoney
4. Samuel Canning-Birtles
5. Tomas Baldwin
6. Kyle Best
7. Alex Laybourne
8. Andy Steptoe
9. Sebastian Warwick
10. Lloyd Davies
11. Richard Barton
12. Benjamin Francsi
13. Tom May
14. Matt Spencer
15. Jonathan Shankland

Reps: Courtney Maggs-Jones, Cai Griffiths, Sonny ToiParker

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

Posted by: taff in sevenoaks (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 23:12

Good to see Tom May back, wish it was for more than 1 game. Also good to see both Cai & Sonny on the bench. Pob lwc y fory & dewch ymlaen Cymru LLundain (Come on London Welsh!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2017 23:14 by taff in sevenoaks.

Date: 16 September, 2017 08:58

Quote:
nld
Sneak peak of the team sheet shows a few new names, strong pack and plenty of experience in the squad!

About 9 changes to last weeks team.

Date: 16 September, 2017 17:32

Final score LW 44 - Staines RFC 21. Great result boys. Let us hope the 100% record continues @ Hendon next week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2017 19:37 by taff in sevenoaks.

Date: 17 September, 2017 09:36

League results and league table updated at:

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

Date: 17 September, 2017 10:09

Did any of the replacements come on yesterday?

Date: 17 September, 2017 13:25

Seb Warwick was on the bench instead of Sonny Parker. All three were used - rolling subs at this level with a maximum of eight interchanges.

Date: 17 September, 2017 17:07

Ahh.....the nuances of level nine ...I wondered what was happening!

Another fine team effort, with some outstanding individuals running great lines and showing great handling skills and football feet in the sunshine.

Extra weight in the pack showed and the penalty count for
us was much lower than last week . Unlike Staines who collected
2 yellow cards. To their credit they were a threat to the end but once again LW looked fitter and more organised . Their full back was a constant threat when he got ball ....

Fantastic crowd and rousing words from John Taylor at the pre match lunch . However I thought I got off lightly by only being relieved of 5 by our Commercial Director but a nearby wag said that was more down to me being a tight Mid Walian rather than his lack of
extraction skills !

Date: 17 September, 2017 17:33

Agreed. Good to see via social media such a big crowd for amateur rugby. Hopefully the word will get around locally, now that we not only have a press officer (diolch Joe) & also with the school holiday almost here.

Date: 17 September, 2017 23:41

Some pictures from a great day at Old Deer Park here:

[www.londonwelshrfc.com]

Date: 18 September, 2017 08:55

Given what was said on Scrum V Sunday, yesterday about the actual attendance, as opposed to the official attendance at the Pro 14 game between Southern Kings & Leinster, also on Saturday just gone, as has been posted both on tos forum & social media a superb turnout. Let us hope for a good band of LW supporters (myself included) at Hendon Dydd Sadwrn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2017 09:12 by taff in sevenoaks.

Date: 18 September, 2017 09:36

Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
Given what was said on Scrum V Sunday, yesterday about the actual attendance, as opposed to the official attendance at the Pro 14 game between Southern Kings & Leinster, also on Saturday just gone, as has been posted both on tos forum & social media a superb turnout. Let us hope for a good band of LW supporters (myself included) at Hendon Dydd Sadwrn.

TIS - we're not charging people to watch rugby at this level, so people joining the club as members/patrons and how many beers you buy over the bar really matters to the club, and to that end there's been a great response! But please keep supporting our players home and away as they are absolutely loving it.

A list of club Patrons was published in the match day programme last Saturday, and will published be again in the next home game on the 7th of October, as more joined over the weekend.

Other matters:

The next members lunch will be on the 28th of October (home game after next) where we'll be joined by some special guests. Due to the popularity of the lunch last weekend (near capacity in the Pagoda room) I suggest people book this as soon as places are made available.

Jon Shankland (Full Back) was man of the match on Saturday - Jon is a partner of a law firm in the city so doesn't really need the free bottle of wine he got for MoM!! But it was well deserved for him and his elusive running.

Date: 18 September, 2017 09:54

LWRCBO, I am aware of the points you mentioned (the fact is that although I am a LW member, I normally work 6 days per week at a private school (that produced 2 LW players in the semi pro era) as a consequence Saturday will be my 1st game of the season & then the 2 games over half-term (21st away & 28th @ ODP)

Date: 18 September, 2017 10:40

Quote:
taff in sevenoaks
LWRCBO, I am aware of the points you mentioned (the fact is that although I am a LW member, I normally work 6 days per week at a private school (that produced 2 LW players in the semi pro era) as a consequence Saturday will be my 1st game of the season & then the 2 games over half-term (21st away & 28th @ ODP)

Thanks for the support - any thoughts of how the club can re-kindle links with the school? Did they play for the Welsh exiles as well?

Date: 18 September, 2017 10:56

No they didn't play for Welsh Exiles, the players concerned were Andy Titterell (now S & C @ Wasps) in the semi-pro era Dan Caprice played in the 1st season of Premiershup rugby. If Gwyn can email me (he has my home email address) I can put the club in touch with our head of rugby & see if we can work something out.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net