What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 04:55

Well, what do you want from the club, players, other supporters?
I want umbrellas banned from the ground except for wheelchair users.
Who's next?

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 06:44

I’d second that but how about some bicycle shed style covering up the standing end?

Long sleeve shirts in the shop? Or maybe club colour knitted arm warmers?

I’d like to see a competitive rugby club with an ambitious or transparent (but achievable) plan set out for everyone to see.

Not a club stuck in the same or near place year after year.

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: red eagle (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 07:01

Simon you left out world peace.

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 07:31

Roof over the raised bit by the scoreboard would be straightforward. SDC?

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: WelshBlue (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 07:58

Quote:
Luton_Blue
I’d second that but how about some bicycle shed style covering up the standing end?
Long sleeve shirts in the shop? Or maybe club colour knitted arm warmers?

I’d like to see a competitive rugby club with an ambitious or transparent (but achievable) plan set out for everyone to see.

Not a club stuck in the same or near place year after year.

I agree with all that, but the umbrellas have to stay, firstly its the only way to get big sponsors advertising at Goldington Road, Wilson, Dunlop , Puma, Footjoy etc, and secondly you can hide behind them when the Blues are playing rubbish. Finally maybe they will bring the same bit of stardust and magic as they did for Mary Poppins.

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: compo simonite (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 09:34

At last.....its the silly season, the forum at its best, yes to everything so far......here’s my starter,....

No flags apart from the club one on the club flagpole....

Automatic yellow card for players, coaching staff etc who insist on standing during the game......

And the club must provide suitable kennels for the legendary ‘two dog’s

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: WelshBlue (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 10:41

Quote:
compo simonite
At last.....its the silly season, the forum at its best, yes to everything so far......here’s my starter,....
No flags apart from the club one on the club flagpole....

Automatic yellow card for players, coaching staff etc who insist on standing during the game......

And the club must provide suitable kennels for the legendary ‘two dog’s

How about free entry to the Former Players Lounge for Alex Rae, Mark Flanagan and Charlie Clare
Rather than come out to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, perhaps have a welsh influence and play the Stereophonics "Have a nice day"

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 11:34

If I pay £20 for a ticket I want to see the game not the back of an umbrella! Simples!

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: WelshBlue (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 12:45

Quote:
Luton_Blue
If I pay £20 for a ticket I want to see the game not the back of an umbrella! Simples!

Buy a season ticket for £16 a game, £4 reduction for umbrellas, or £10 a game at Ampthill for unrestricted view

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: compo simonite (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 13:16

Welsh Blue
“Rather than come out to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, perhaps have a welsh influence and play the Stereophonics "Have a nice day"”

Perhaps a newer PA system, to replace the ‘new PA system’.......because the current system makes everything sounds as if its spoken or sung in Welsh....

No direct mention of a covered terrace......has the idea been dropped?

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2018 20:57

A covered terrace and never I guess

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: WelshBlue (IP Logged)
Date: 31 May, 2018 07:37

Quote:
compo simonite
Welsh Blue
“Rather than come out to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, perhaps have a welsh influence and play the Stereophonics "Have a nice day"”

Perhaps a newer PA system, to replace the ‘new PA system’.......because the current system makes everything sounds as if its spoken or sung in Welsh....

No direct mention of a covered terrace......has the idea been dropped?

I take offence to that CS - With the growing influence of the welsh at Goldington Road on and off the field I would suggest keeping the PA system as it is, a playlist of Stereophonics, Tom Jones and Aled Jones. Get rid of the Blue kit and replace with red ............ sign up Gavin Henson and get Shirley Bassey to do a turn at halftime

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: compo simonite (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2018 07:32

Welsh Blue sorry if you took offence at my posting........

........now back to topic....what do we want and when can we expect it......

If there is a Welsh takeover as you hint at.......do the Welsh have any millionaires who like a game of rugby......

How about introducing beer from the Crafty Devil Brewing who make an IPA called Mikey Rayer All Dayer ipa

Re: What do we want? And when can we expect it?
Posted by: WelshBlue (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2018 07:49

Quote:
compo simonite
Welsh Blue sorry if you took offence at my posting........
........now back to topic....what do we want and when can we expect it......

If there is a Welsh takeover as you hint at.......do the Welsh have any millionaires who like a game of rugby......

How about introducing beer from the Crafty Devil Brewing who make an IPA called Mikey Rayer All Dayer ipa

Well I've given you 3 welsh millionaires already - look above, plus Katherine Jenkins, and I'm sure Neil Kinnock must be worth a few bob. You could also scrap Charles Wells and bring in Brains Bitter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net