Not!

Re: Wow, a Saracens friendly how exciting
Posted by: Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 20:06

Stay at home then, problem solved.

Re: Wow, a Saracens friendly how excitingr
Posted by: Steve O (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 21:52

Oh no. How dare the club arrange a home pre season friendly against the English Champions. This is simply not good enough, what do the club think they are doing? 😂

Sorry Luton Blue but if this isnít good enough for you then perhaps you should just move on and stop upsetting yourself over everything the club does. I am sure Ampthill will welcome you with open arms at their pre season games - which they have yet to announce btw.

Well done Blues, always good to see some of the best players in the country at GR.

Posted by: Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2018 08:24

I will, I'd rather see us play somebody different (and not Northampton)

Do you truly think Saracens will bring anything like an English Champions side? They're probably playing a bigger side the next day (as is usually the case).

I'm more excited about the game with Bishops Stortford if I'm honest

And as for Ampthill, as I've said before a team with a plan!

You need to demand more from your club, especially after the successful season we've just had.

I think you'll find I'm probably more demanding than you are - same old friendlies, finish in the top half - nah, I'd want a plan! ambition! have you got any????

Date: 07 June, 2018 09:13

PS if you're so excited about watching Saracens, why don't you get a season ticket for them and watch them every week? They're clearly a club with ambition & a plan, that would alien to you though #twodogs

Posted by: WelshBlue (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2018 10:37

Quote:
Luton_Blue
PS if you're so excited about watching Saracens, why don't you get a season ticket for them and watch them every week? They're clearly a club with ambition & a plan, that would alien to you though #twodogs

To be honest LB I tend to agree with you there, the annual Saracens fixture is really only to rubber stamp the DR agreement, and does nothing for pre season form as we usually get bashed.
I know I'm biased but would rather see 3 games against say RGC1404, Carmarthen Quins, or a real test would be against Premiership double winners Merthyr.
No doubt Steve O likes the Saracens fixture so that he can run around gathering autographs and selfies with the Sarries top players who don't play

Date: 07 June, 2018 11:16

I think the DR with Saracens is dead? No use to us anyway

How about a game against bath or Exeter? Something really exciting, well different at least

Posted by: Steve O (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2018 16:45

Far too old to running around after players thanks Welsh blue.
Excited to watch Sarries as it is a once a season thing, donít want to watch them every week as thatís when I watch the Blues.
Why would we want 3 pre season friendlies against a bunch of welsh blokes no one has heard of and where we would win each of them comfortably? Challenging yourselves against the best is surely a good thing and will drive up playing standards, even in defeat. Plus also anyone who thinks Sarries turn up without any big names playing has obviously not been to the previous games!
It also attracts a big crowd for more season and generates lots of income, donít understand what your problems are?

Posted by: Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2018 16:45

I was hoping we would play a different Prem club, getting a bit boring now.....

Posted by: Ginger Blueboy (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2018 19:07

Have to admit, not really excited about Saracens again. However, think it's justifiable for this season considering they're the English Premiership champions so more likely to attract the passing punter than mid-table Premiership side like Bath.

We used to play Newport Gwent Dragons a couple of times in friendlies and was rather hoping for that rather than Bishop's Stortford (no offence to BS, but we won't get a great crowd).

Date: 07 June, 2018 19:15

"Against a bunch of Welsh blokes we've never heard of" or Saracens b team maybe?

Posted by: Ginger Blueboy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2018 08:39

I would expect us to get at least 2,000+ crowd for Saracens and if we were due to play NGW, would be hopeful of 2,000+ for that too. With Bishop's Stortford though, 1,200 would be a good crowd.

Posted by: WelshBlue (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2018 09:00

Quote:
Steve O
Far too old to running around after players thanks Welsh blue.
Excited to watch Sarries as it is a once a season thing, donít want to watch them every week as thatís when I watch the Blues.
Why would we want 3 pre season friendlies against a bunch of welsh blokes no one has heard of and where we would win each of them comfortably? Challenging yourselves against the best is surely a good thing and will drive up playing standards, even in defeat. Plus also anyone who thinks Sarries turn up without any big names playing has obviously not been to the previous games!
It also attracts a big crowd for more season and generates lots of income, donít understand what your problems are?
I think your comments above pretty much sum up your knowledge of rugby SO, any common sense you may have or knowledge of welsh rugby appears to have dropped off the side of the severn bridge my friend.

Date: 08 June, 2018 10:31

You'd get 2000+ against any decent premiership side BUT lets see first, after all I may not be the only person who is tired of seeing a B Saracens side because the A team is playing the next, wait & see......

Bishops Stortford, expect under 1,000 - I've been to these type of friendlies and there's been 500 - where were you all smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: dunc999 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2018 10:47

IMO for pre-season we would only get 2000+ vs Sarries, Saints or maybe now Wasps given their locality. Others woouldn;t bring many away supportes in the numbers these do, and that is why I think the club sticks with them, get an pre-season boost to the coffers with a good crowd in. I'm bringing 3 new people to this who have never been to Blues before, as it's a good chance to see Sarries and a few stars up close and personal. Maybe we should have stipulated a game with Wasps for something differnt as part of the Booj deal.

Theres a lot to criticise the club for but keeping a close relationship with one of Europes premier teams and having a money spinning friendly is sure being negative for the sake of it.

Date: 08 June, 2018 11:52

It's not negative if you pay £20 every other week to watch rugby? It's constructive criticism winking smiley

Wasps would have been good.

Posted by: junior (IP Logged)
Date: 07 August, 2018 11:12

Hi All,

I am bringing my son to this fixture for his first ever game. He is very excited about it.
Where is best for parking near by?

Thanks

Date: 07 August, 2018 11:48

I can park down the avenue Bushmead Avenue, it's pay & display and a short walk.

Hope he has a great time, I like taking my son to these friendlies - a good atmosphere!

Posted by: junior (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2018 09:54

Thanks Luton, greatly appreciated.
I'm sure he will, glad he finally wanted to go!

Posted by: red eagle (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2018 12:39

Quote:
Luton_Blue
I will, I'd rather see us play somebody different (and not Northampton)
Do you truly think Saracens will bring anything like an English Champions side? They're probably playing a bigger side the next day (as is usually the case).

I'm more excited about the game with Bishops Stortford if I'm honest

And as for Ampthill, as I've said before a team with a plan!

You need to demand more from your club, especially after the successful season we've just had.

I think you'll find I'm probably more demanding than you are - same old friendlies, finish in the top half - nah, I'd want a plan! ambition! have you got any????

What is Ampthills plan and how does it affect Bedford Rugby Club?

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net