Jamie Elliott
Posted by: dunc999 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 10:58

A side note in today's team announcement....

Ed Coulson comes in at 13 for Jamie Elliot who has agreed a move away from the club

No further info appears to be available - wonder what that's all about then?

Re: Jamie Elliott
Posted by: TryBlues (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 11:25

I imagine it has yet to be announced by the club he was joining.

In my opinion it is not a loss, as I couldn't work out where he should play and frees up money for someone else.

I didn't see him as a 13 given we have been weak defensively there, wasn't fast enough to be a Blues winger, so that leaves him at 15 and Lane is our best 15.

Date: 26 October, 2018 12:20

I agree TryBlues, I guess we've been approached and given performances have let him go with our blessing. It's a shame I was very excited about him coming. But if Tapley and Czekaj are back soon we can probably get by! Fly half on the other hand.....

Posted by: Bluer Than Ever (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 13:53

Me too. I seemed to come away from every game thinking'was Jamie Elliott actually playing?'. He certainly hasn't left a very deep impression on me. Shame, I was really looking forward to seeing him.

Posted by: Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 14:03

Same here - was an exciting signing, lots of expectation - have to admit itís difficilt following the leaving, loans and signings

Posted by: mellsblue (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 17:18

Heís gone to Zebre I believe.

Posted by: Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 17:38

Still well thought of at the Gardens. Will always be remembered for a full length of the pitch try at Leinster to clinch Saints win in Dublin AND another last minute try to beat Leicester at FG. Good luck to the lad wherever he is going next.

Posted by: iron blue (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2018 18:31

Yes good luck to him, he didnít really make an impact with the Blues but then he wasnít really with us long. Hope it works out for him.

Date: 01 November, 2018 13:47

Confirmed as Zebre.

Posted by: Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 22:20

No real loss

Posted by: TryBlues (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 20:20

I'm pretty sure some of our knowledgeable contingent on here were saying he was the exact type of quality signing we should be making from the Premiership. Just shows there are a lot of average players who are just squad fillers in the Premiership.

Posted by: bluegrass (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 21:25

Was not impressed, never looked interested was probably the highest paid player as well.

Posted by: Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 09:31

Guess it means we have some cash to recruit...

Posted by: Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 12:39

He was our marquee signing, I expected a lot more - still it'll give others opportunities to flourish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net