Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Today's Rugby Paper
Posted by: falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 18:20

Quote:
Kwa444
Vina suggests someone else is off - Sinoti perhaps?

There was an article on the iffy last season just after chrimbo a think saying Sinoti had signed an undisclosed long term contract... at his age and the way he has settled in up here, I doubt he would move at this stage when the club is arguably in the best place it's been since he arrived...

You never know like, but I'd say he's staying.

Perhaps Tait is off? Isn't his contract up at the end of season... mind you, he's nearly played 200 games and you'd think he would be a 1 club man, can't see him going anywhere!

Perhaps just adding some more depth KWA, we where linked with Nalaga last week... now that's died off we've got this one.

Posted by: pityacker (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 19:28

After the exciting number of recruits announced around early bird season ticket time things have gone quiet leaving us wondering who is staying,coming and going but no doubt there is still some wheeling and dealing to be done before announcements are made. I hope this year the club make an official announcement at some stage on who is being released etc as previously we have been left in the dark about some players and only found out from other sources that people have left.

Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 19:51

For those going to the talk in at KP on Weds night, there will be 2 new signings and 2 re-signings unveiled. All the more reason to get yourself along

Posted by: falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 20:30

Quote:
Falc Dancer
For those going to the talk in at KP on Weds night, there will be 2 new signings and 2 re-signings unveiled. All the more reason to get yourself along

I live 50 miles away... so will not be attending, any chance of popping it on here when they are unveiled pretty please.

This is my 1000th post on this forum. Long may they continue!

Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 20:48

In the past Smithy has put any updates live on Twitter. He may do the same again? Keep an eye out but as soon as a major story is announced I can't see it being long before its on here

Posted by: Robs (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 06:57

Quote:
Bedlington Lad
As Steve 1888 says, Flood can play at 12, so if it's true I suppose he would be a second playmaker outside whoever is wearing the ten jersey. It's generally worked ok for England with the Ford/Farrell axis, I'd be interested to see if it works for the Falcons
I seem to recall it worked rather well once before...with Andrew/Wilkinson

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 08:26

Quote:
Robs
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
As Steve 1888 says, Flood can play at 12, so if it's true I suppose he would be a second playmaker outside whoever is wearing the ten jersey. It's generally worked ok for England with the Ford/Farrell axis, I'd be interested to see if it works for the Falcons
Good shout Robs - I forgot about that one - how very remiss of me!

Posted by: Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 09:32

Quote:
Bedlington Lad
Quote:
Robs
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
Good shout Robs - I forgot about that one - how very remiss of me!
Flood use to play 12 when wilkinson was at 10. Tho I would rather have flood at 10 JP 12 and maxi 13

Posted by: alas (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 10:00

Quote:
Robs
Quote:
Bedlington Lad

There's no vacancy at 12 as the Falcons already have Socino and have signed Matavesi who is versatile, but best at 12. Mermoz can play 12 as well.

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 10:43

Flood should only be considered for 10.

Hodgson has shown some serious consistency issues this season. He's played great in some games...yet is prone to the odd clanger.

Someone like Flood at 10 pulling the strings would be a great signing...

10 Flood
11 Sinoti
12 Socino
13 Mermoz
14 Goneva
15 Tait

Date: 21 March, 2017 10:44

Ps I wonder if one of the new signings is a French LH?

Posted by: Falconski (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 11:31

French LH hmmmmm is that down to Davey Wilson being well very injury prone?

Date: 21 March, 2017 11:45

Davy Wilson is a TH...

Date: 21 March, 2017 11:48

And I forgot DTH van der Merve in that backline aswell....

Jeez we've signed some backs!!

Posted by: Kwa444 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 15:56

Need to make the most of all that forward possession now! Makes the Flood rumour more likely too, as no point having an electric back line if the 10 is inconsistent or out of form.

On the subject of departures - we might have a player on a long contract but if someone like Toulon rock up offering a lot of cash to a player, as long as the club have a feasible replacement they will usually let them go. I think that happened with Hayman and also with Barrow to Tigers (though I stand to be corrected).

Posted by: NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 16:11

I thought Barrow had a get out clause if the side didn't finish higher than 10th.

Posted by: pityacker (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 16:17

Hayman was at the end of his 3 year deal and although he was offered an extension at KP decided to go to Toulon. As previously posted Barrow although having signed a contract extension had indeed a get out clause and much to owners and managements disgust at his agent iif i remember rightly opted for Tigers a well trod route for a number of young talented Falcons.

Posted by: Kwa444 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 17:58

To be fair to Barrow he does have a medal to show for it now, even if it is for the pointless cup. Despite our excellent season that is still one more than he would have had with us....

Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2017 06:33

A year after leaving us (possibly two) he was playing in a European Cup semi final. If anyone still bears a grudge to him leaving I think he can quite easily justify his reasoning.

Posted by: NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2017 07:58

Yeah I hold no grudge to Barrow nor the other academy youngsters that left us. I just hope that the likes of Witty, Chick etc. can see the progress we have made this season and our ambition in the transfer market etc. convinces them that we are a club on the rise who will be hopefully challenging for honours in the next few seasons.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net