RIP Tank
Posted by: Daveyb (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2017 11:17

My son tells me it has been announced on facebook that Paul van Zan has passed away. Sadly missed, was a great bloke
[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2017 11:26 by Daveyb.

Re: RIP Tank
Posted by: AFalcon23 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2017 12:43

Very sad shocked RIP. sad smiley

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2017 13:20

Tanky leaves lots of memories. When he left the Falcons, I was on the Supporters Committee and had the task of coming up with a suitable presentation gift. I located an old Dinky Toys tank (Centurion for the nerds) and mounted it on a wooden base with a commemorative plaque.

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2017 13:30

R.I.P. Tank in my opinion if not for his neck injury would have been a full international

Posted by: waspymatt (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2017 15:10

Very sad to hear this news. Condolences to his family and friends as well as the Newcastle supporters.

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s96.htm?98,file=4917

Posted by: Rolls (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2017 17:45

A Sarrie in peace. Very sorry to hear about Paul, I saw him play a couple of times in the 97/98 Falcons winning year. A big unit and an impressive prop. 50 is no age, very sad.

Posted by: lizard118 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2017 21:18

MHSRIP. Heartfelt condolences to his family.

Posted by: Leipziger (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2017 08:32

Very sad news.

Posted by: Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
Date: 16 June, 2017 08:40

Sad news. Big loss

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2017 12:14

Much as I was saddened by Tank's death, I found it quite extraordinary that the Chronicle had it as the front page splash when all other papers in the country were quite rightly leading on the Kensington fire.

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2017 22:16

Loved watching Tank do his thing for the Falcons.

I watched him coach North Shields a few times when walking my dog and was always impressed with his energy.

Sadly missed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net