Current Page: 1 of 2
Mark Wilson
Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2017 11:55

No surprise that Fissler in TRP suggests that MW is in the sights of the usual suspects. Hopefully Deano and, mainly, Kurdo will work hard and dig deep to keep him at KP. And as we are no longer bottom dwellers, there is less reason for ambitious players to leave than in the past.

Let's make this thread an indication of the extent to which we wish him to stay. Come on. Join in the campaign.

Re: Mark Wilson
Posted by: telfs123 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2017 12:04

As I've said on another thread, and Mick Hogan has said on Twitter, it's an odd one as Fiss claims Wils only has a year left, but he actually signed until 2020 last year.
Guessing Fiss has just got his facts wrong on this one.

Posted by: Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2017 12:15

Quote:
telfs123
As I've said on another thread, and Mick Hogan has said on Twitter, it's an odd one as Fiss claims Wils only has a year left, but he actually signed until 2020 last year.

I guess the question would be if there is any clauses in the current contract?

This smells to me like either Tigers and Saints using Wilson as a way of haggling with another back rower, or Wilsons agent trying to get a pay rise from falcons.

Posted by: JohnSt (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2017 12:19

I'm sure Mark will have been on the radar of many clubs over the previous few seasons. His performances week in and week out have been exceptional. Hes an exceptional player and an exceptional man. He is a Flacons man. As long as we continue to look after him I believe the only club that has a chance of signing him is Kendal!

Posted by: Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2017 14:20

Fissler seems adamant that Wilson has some clause in his contract, they guys record speaks for itself

Posted by: oldlad (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2017 16:17

Quote:
JohnSt
I'm sure Mark will have been on the radar of many clubs over the previous few seasons. His performances week in and week out have been exceptional. Hes an exceptional player and an exceptional man. He is a Flacons man. As long as we continue to look after him I believe the only club that has a chance of signing him is Kendal!
. Well said. As a fellow Cumbrian and Kendal follower I agree, Mark Wilson has made his home in Newcastle and I can't see him moving on for a few years. His recent success for England will not change him he will continue to work his socks off for the Falcons and future England appearances.

Date: 19 June, 2017 08:43

Quote:
telfs123
Thanks for reminding me about Mark's contract duration. But a possible exit clause should be in the equation.

Posted by: AFalcon23 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2017 09:08

I do hope he doesn't go. smiling smiley

Posted by: Leipziger (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2017 08:10

Quote:
dick g
Quote:
telfs123
Thanks for reminding me about Mark's contract duration. But a possible exit clause should be in the equation.

Mick Hogan suggested (though didn't say outright) on Twitter that there is no such clause, and hopefully there isn't.

Date: 20 June, 2017 13:21

Quote:
Leipziger
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
telfs123

Mick Hogan suggested (though didn't say outright) on Twitter that there is no such clause, and hopefully there isn't.

To be fair fissler asked him point blank on twitter if he had a clause and mick dodged the question, which sounds like mark has some sort of clause in his contract

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2017 14:25

I thought mick was very clear

There was no such clause
Even challenged Fissler to say if he'd seen the contract.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/aapierre/IMG_4958_zps4xw7kvgj.png

Date: 20 June, 2017 18:43

Much as I am a Fissler fan, I choose to believe Mick H.

Date: 21 June, 2017 10:02

The press aren't there to tell the truth

They are there to sell papers and not to let the truth get in the way of that (within certain boundaries).

It's why I have always challenged journalists and taken the opportunity to disagree with their viewpoint.

Fissler is not there to help us he's there to sell his paper via talking as much guff as he can get away with.

Who remembers the evening chronicle in the 80's telling us the great Brazilian footballer Socrates was coming to Newcastle?

Date: 21 June, 2017 10:09

Can you tell me the last time fissler got a transfer wrong. And if I was refuting a statement I would be 110% blunt and say "no MARK WILSON has not clauses in his contract" that is blunt

Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2017 13:04

Who cares if or not he has clauses ? any top player would.

At the end of the day clubs were all over him last time he played for England in 2015 and will have been since but he still signed long term for us after that and now in England Squad so still with us.

Little one due in 2 weeks can't see him wanting the hassle of shifting either.

Posted by: telfs123 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2017 13:15

The bloke is at the top of his game, re-signed when we had finished 11th 3 years in a row, can see the progress at the club and is a major part of it, is the vice-captain of the club, got his England recognition leading to multiple journalists saying he should be in the EPS, and has (soon) 2 kids and a wife up here.
I doubt he'll be leaving.

And easiest way to banish all doubt: kick on and finish top 6.

Posted by: Benpj17 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2017 14:18

Just hope this doesn't turn out the same as the sale sharks transfers of de Klerk and JOC, Steve diamond can put and said not discussions had happened at all after fissler had reported these to be done deals back in April

Date: 21 June, 2017 18:28

Quote:
aidanb
They are there to sell papers and not to let the truth get in the way of that (within certain boundaries).

It's why I have always challenged journalists and taken the opportunity to disagree with their viewpoint.

Fissler is not there to help us he's there to sell his paper via talking as much guff as he can get away with.

Who remembers the evening chronicle in the 80's telling us the great Brazilian footballer Socrates was coming to Newcastle?

As I spent half a century as a journalist working very hard to get things right, I take great exception to this ill-judged, ignorant observation.

Date: 21 June, 2017 19:00

Quote:
dick g
Quote:
aidanb

As I spent half a century as a journalist working very hard to get things right, I take great exception to this ill-judged, ignorant observation.

Well after that amount of time you should be able to recognise that not every person will agree with the things that you say and will have an alternative view. That differing opinion doesn't make it an ignorant view, simply a divergent view.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2017 19:52

Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Can you tell me the last time fissler got a transfer wrong....

No I can't as I have better things to remember and don't have the time to trawl through all of his guesses, some of which have proved correct, others without any substance whatsoever. If he has a hit rate greater than 50% I will be very surprised.

As for his comment above "I think you are kidding the public. Because my info is that there are", that is arrogant to the extreme, downright rude, and the sort of attitude that makes people like Aidan quite reasonably think that journalists are low-life. Worse than any of that, and a former proper journalist like Dick will join me in lamenting this, it is dreadful use of the English language.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net