Current Page: 1 of 2
Shirt deal confirmed
Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2017 08:06

ISC have been confirmed as the new club kit provider on a three year deal
The club have confirmed that a massive leisure wear range will be available that even includes toddler size shirts
A third shirt for European games will be available in the style of Gosforth
Sounds good to me

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Re: Shirt deal confirmed
Posted by: cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2017 09:02

Looks like the away will be available in cotton which is great news have been whinging about that for years. Looks like a good move this

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2017 12:22

I know they have been working on this deal for a very long time & Mick was very excited to be able to offer a full range including toddler kit, ladies-fit shirts, proper leisure wear that rugby supporter shaped people can wear, and most importantly good quality. There must be loads of ladies who have been waiting a long time for a shirt that they actually would wear, and blokes who are not replica players who also yearn for a wearable shirt. Hopefully they will sell like hot cakes.

Posted by: skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2017 13:28

Which sponsor's are on the shirts?

Date: 11 July, 2017 16:03

No main sponsor announced yet
If the shirt options, leisure range and toddler sizes etc are available as the clubs statement suggests then we fans we need get behind it, for a long time fans have asked for cotton tops, lady fit shirts etc. If it doesn't sell the club won't stock it, it's a business at the end of the day
Looking forward to having my little lad running around in his toddlers falcons shirt this summer

Posted by: exhooker (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2017 23:33

That is good news. ~I look forward to my visit to the shop

Posted by: Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 10:33

ISC have done a fantastic job over the years for South Sydney so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 12:16

The club are still talking to potential sponsors, note the plural, which is good news as in previous years they have been lucky to get just one interested. They have however set a minimum price for the main shirt sponsorship, and will not negotiate below that figure as it devalues the other club sponsors. Their preference is to have no main shirt sponsor rather than sell it cheap, and I respect that.

Date: 12 July, 2017 17:25

I agree Monkey, the club should set a value and stick to it
If the club don't get an offer which matches their valuation then my preference would be to offer the space to a local charity rather than go without a sponsor

Posted by: Kwa444 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2017 05:42

Yes I think my favourite sponsor on the shirt was the Teenage Cancer Trust. I wholeheartedly support the club's thinking on this. I always thought it was a shame when Barcelona dropped UNICEF.

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2017 15:29

Forget about the shirt sponsor

Surely someone is going to have a pop at mick and mark about there never being a replica / fans shirt available until after the season has started. Someone's done it for the last few years so it has to happen again. Surely

Posted by: alas (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2017 16:10

As far as I know, the premiership main sponsor hasn't been announced yet, so no one can do a replica shirt yet.

Posted by: markismith50 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2017 16:21

Hi, the Premiership is being sponsored by Aviva this season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2017 16:25 by markismith50.

Date: 13 July, 2017 20:17

So does that.mean they renewed then? - there was some suggestion that they were done for the time being.

I always think brewers go best with rugby for some reason. I liked having Northern Rock written on the shirts, however even then it was still a bank and that was before it's subsequent demise.

Just glad we haven't got a betting syndicate, though I guess if one meets the bill and no other sponsor comes forward then I shouldn't speak too soon... someone has to pay the players and staff, and the stuff doesn't grow on trees.

Date: 13 July, 2017 20:24

Yes, Aviva renewed.

Date: 14 July, 2017 11:10

Thanks Smithy. Any idea when the first images of the shirts will be published? I guess that depends on the sponsor being signed up ..... which you won't know until it happens.

Date: 14 July, 2017 11:26

Hi Kwa, it's "watch this space" regarding shirt pics at the moment.

If you keep an eye on the club website and social media channels we will keep you updated.

Cheers
Smithy

Date: 20 July, 2017 16:42

new training kit all over twitter with Toby Flood wearing it

Date: 20 July, 2017 16:51

I'll chuck some training pics on twitter and FB tonight, hopefully.

Date: 20 July, 2017 17:05

[:wor kid:]

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net