Charity
Posted by: London Magpie (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 23:41

Mark and Mick. Any chance someone from our team can attend Craster lifeboat fete next week to open it. My sister and her Hubbie spend countless hours making sure we have a life boat 365 days a year. I travel thousands of miles following my team from London every year. She has tried the Toon, no response and sadly none from the Falcons. A short drive to the coast, plenty of free Craster Kippers and a Salmon for whoever does it. Plus plenty of exposure for our guys. Hope you can help my sister and a dam good cause. Thanks

Re: Charity
Posted by: markismith50 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 08:44

Hi LM, please address all charity requests to charities@newcastle-falcons.co.uk and our outstanding community foundation will take a look. Typically we do require a lot more notice, so I am of course unable to guarantee anything.

Posted by: London Magpie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 10:01

Thanks Mark. I will do LM

Posted by: Kwa444 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 20:47

You could also point out that one of surfers path magazines 10 best surf breaks in the world is less than two miles away.... that might interest a few! (It was left unnamed by the magazine to keep it in the top ten, but those of us who know, knew).

Posted by: Yorksfalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2017 15:28

Care to elaborate kwa? I'm just a beginner surfing mainly at tynemouth (because I live there) but also keen to try elsewhere.

Posted by: Kwa444 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2017 16:24

Happy to tell anyone who PMs me.... don't want to go into any more depth otherwise! Probably said too much already.

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2017 20:15

Quote:
Yorksfalcon
Care to elaborate kwa? I'm just a beginner surfing mainly at tynemouth (because I live there) but also keen to try elsewhere.

They don't surf at Tynemouth

They go in the water and sit in their boards cos there's not many big waves 🌊

Posted by: Yorksfalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2017 17:40

Thanks for the insight aidan, is suppose you only surf monster waves??

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2017 20:49

Quote:
Yorksfalcon
Thanks for the insight aidan, is suppose you only surf monster waves??

lol

No I just cycle along past longsands regularly and am always tickled at the committee meeting going on.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2017 08:31

I met some of the Tynemouth Baywatch wannabees a few years ago at a party. The way they were talking you would imagine that they rode huge Atlantic rollers into Tynemouth & took it in their stride, not the tiny little North Sea ripples that the rest of us see pootling in. To give you an idea of what they were like, the party started with lunch at a trendy restaurant where you either sat on a sofa at a high table so your food was above your head, or sat on bar stools around a coffee table so your food was by your ankles. They thought that was great.

I imagine it is this lot who comprise the committee that Aidan has spotted.

Chat to somebody like Jimmy Gopperth however & you get a more realistic view of what Tynemouth has to offer. Good for learning, good for keeping your hand in once you are used to it, but when the waves get big enough for more challenging surfing they break up too early so not much use. It will be ideal for somebody like Yorksfalcon who is just beginning, and can be as much fun as you want it to be, but if anybody tries to put on the monster waves act, just think of them trying to eat pasta off the floor & getting it all over their 250 white shoes. Don't take them seriously, just enjoy yourself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net