Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: Running Rugby (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 17:42

Just had a gander at the plans myself, and they look mightily impressive. I was one of the fans that knocked the american adventure, but it has clearly put a large chunk of money towards these developments.

It is an exciting time to be a Falcons fan, both on and off the field.

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 19:33

This looks fantastic. Bring it on!

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: Timeshock! (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 21:05

Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Just had a first look at the new proposals and they look top notch. Hope it's done for the start of next season[b][/b]

The intention is the training pitches and facilities will have to be in order to qualify for 100% RFU funding fir that bit. The North Terrace is the clubs funding, phase two, I think that will be substantially longer. Planning permission has also still be to granted.

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 07:31

Quote:
Running Rugby
Just had a gander at the plans myself, and they look mightily impressive. I was one of the fans that knocked the american adventure, but it has clearly put a large chunk of money towards these developments.
It is an exciting time to be a Falcons fan, both on and off the field.

We can only know if the Philly trip was financially worth it once we know how much dosh we got. Will we ever be told?

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 08:11

Not entirely sure it's any of our business in terms of expecting access to club funds as we don't own the club. In terms of was it financially worth it, I think it's fair to say that given the developments that are taking place off field and the standard of play on field the answer is yes. The club also made a pretty good effort to compensate Season Ticket holders and it took our team into a global stage , promoted Rugby in America and we lost a game that no matter how rose tinted our glasses, we were always going to lose.

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 09:32

We have no right to know how much we received for the American trip and I don't think we should be told.

The club made a commercial decision with the best interests of Falcons in mind and as these development plans show they are planning for the long term future of the club.

The transformation of Newcastle Falcons both on and off the pich over the last six years has been outstanding and looking at these plans the club have a serious intent to continue this progression.

Truly an exciting time to be a Falcons supporter!!

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: CharlieDog (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 09:51

Quote:
dick g
Quote:
Running Rugby
Just had a gander at the plans myself, and they look mightily impressive. I was one of the fans that knocked the american adventure, but it has clearly put a large chunk of money towards these developments.
It is an exciting time to be a Falcons fan, both on and off the field.

We can only know if the Philly trip was financially worth it once we know how much dosh we got. Will we ever be told?

Dick

You normally speak a reasonable amount of sense........ but on this occasion I think the journalistic fingers have hit the keyboard before the brain was engaged! We will not be told for several good reasons:
- it is almost certainly subject to commercial confidentiality
- how ever much we got, some people will still moan
- it's none of our business!

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 10:10

You've nailed the key point Charliedog.......it's none of our business!

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: longservice (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 11:59

Quote:
trummy200
Have the plans included any proper cycle racks? Hoping to get up sometime this back end and the bike is my preferred method of transport to such events!

Here's the proposed numbers

10. Vehicle Parking
Please provide information on the existing and proposed number of on-site parking spaces:
Type of vehicle
Existing number of spaces Total proposed Difference in spaces
Cars 650 717 67
Cycle spaces 0 24 24
Disability spaces 8 47 39
Motorcycles 1 6 5
Other (e.g. bus) 5 15 10
Short description of Other Coach Parking Spaces
11

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 14:58

Quote:
CharlieDog
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
Running Rugby
Just had a gander at the plans myself, and they look mightily impressive. I was one of the fans that knocked the american adventure, but it has clearly put a large chunk of money towards these developments.
It is an exciting time to be a Falcons fan, both on and off the field.

We can only know if the Philly trip was financially worth it once we know how much dosh we got. Will we ever be told?

Dick

You normally speak a reasonable amount of sense........ but on this occasion I think the journalistic fingers have hit the keyboard before the brain was engaged! We will not be told for several good reasons:

- it is almost certainly subject to commercial confidentiality
- how ever much we got, some people will still moan
- it's none of our business!

Consider me told!

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: trummy200 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 19:17

Quote:
longservice
Quote:
trummy200
Have the plans included any proper cycle racks? Hoping to get up sometime this back end and the bike is my preferred method of transport to such events!

Here's the proposed numbers

10. Vehicle Parking
Please provide information on the existing and proposed number of on-site parking spaces:
Type of vehicle
Existing number of spaces Total proposed Difference in spaces
Cars 650 717 67
Cycle spaces 0 24 24
Disability spaces 8 47 39
Motorcycles 1 6 5
Other (e.g. bus) 5 15 10
Short description of Other Coach Parking Spaces
11



Do you think I could park the Motorhome overnight for a Friday night game? Now that would be brill!

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 19:33

Quote:
trummy200
Do you think I could park the Motorhome overnight for a Friday night game? Now that would be brill!

How many of us could you fit in that thing?
(Sm63)

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 13:21

I could bring mine and we could party....

Re: Ground Developments
Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 14:17

Oh yeah, a campervan and motorhome enclave, great idea!!

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net