Sunday games
Posted by: loadofeathers (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 19:15

Do you folks like Sunday games. Our game furthest to travel by far is now on a Sunday. Not on TV. Who's choice. Likely to be very few Chiefs fans able to make it back on a Sunday in time for work Monday

Re: Sunday games
Posted by: There's 35 seconds to go (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 19:26

Every game except Sale is a long haul for us.

Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 20:10

Nope prefer Fridays and probably just because we're away the week before so gives better break.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 20:32

We have a mix of mainly Friday & Sunday games. Fridays are a belting atmosphere & leave the weekend free, but it is difficult for families to make Friday nights, especially if younger children have been at school all week. Sundays allow more families to attend games, and very importantly also allow junior rugby teams to take part & get involved, games during the afternoon & at half time.

I am more used to visiting supporters complaining about it being difficult to make Friday night games as they cannot lose all of Friday. I don't see how this is different to losing a Monday, and those who fly home usually comment on how easy it is to have a few pints with the game, take a couple of Metro stops to the Airport, and be back in time for supper.

Everyone to their own I suppose.

I remember a London Irish supporter complaining when Exeter were promoted, that it was a long way to travel to a game. I pointed out that it is about the same distance as our closest game, which as mentioned above is Sale. Both about 150 miles.
(Sm105)

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 11:04

I prefer Fridays - a win is a great start to the weekend

Date: 06 October, 2017 12:22

It's a tricky one for families especially if the kids play junior or mini rugby on a Sunday morning you could argue Fridays are better as kids can possibly lie in Saturday although mine can't as have footie and dancing ha.

Date: 06 October, 2017 12:23

Sunday was probably alot better for folk back in the day before it pretty much became just another weekday for many people.

Posted by: NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 12:32

I prefer the Friday games, too.

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 12:53

I am ambivalent

I like Friday nights for the atmosphere and having the weekend free but I also like a Sunday afternoon as it means getting to the game is part of a more relaxing day and then getting home on a Sunday evening to relax and wind down.

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 13:28

In the olden days, Saturday games allowed a Sunday recovery for players and spectators. Bring them back.

Date: 06 October, 2017 21:39

Just been the the Eagles game and plenty families there on a Friday night.

Posted by: alas (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 02:42

I'm not particularly keen on Fridays. You've got the hassle of traffic on the western bypass and in the winter conditions are usually better for play and spectating in the afternoon than in the evening.

Posted by: 17Roundabouts (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 13:45

I enjoy the atmosphere of night games but prefer Sunday games ,as the last Metro from the airport to the city centre is just before 11 & have to dash up to Bank Foot

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net