Current Page: 1 of 2
4th in the Table -
Posted by: UnofficialEnglandRugby (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 16:38

Well done Falcons(Sm128)

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 16:58

Brilliant stuff we are on fire at the moment. (Sm146)

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: telfs123 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 17:08

Iím unable to get past years of relegation watch, so, much more importantly, after todayís win we officially are safe from relegation!

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 17:15

Watched the game. It was a tight first half. Felt like we let Quins off before the break but second half we looked dangerous and took our chances
Fantastic

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Northumbrian (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 17:42

At this rate I'm going to have to keep my diary free for the Premiership final!

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: DB23 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 17:42

Another excellent result on our inexorable rise up the table

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: alas (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 19:03

Mathematically safe from relegation.

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Marco19819 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 19:47

Utterly fantastic! Well done everybody at the club.

I am not normally one for paranoia, and i actually thinkbit helps the cause because it means we are STILL underestimated but does anyone else think bt sport are extremely biased against us. The only giys who give us credit are Flatman and Healey AND when we beat exeter they didn't even show the highlights and only mickey young "diving". Now, having beaten quins with a bonus point away from home and going to FOURTH in the table the only article on their website reads: "falcons end winless streak".

Errrrmmmm....

Anyway, i don't really care that much to be honest and am OVER THE MOON!

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Marco19819 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 20:09

I honestly think that callum green is the best lock in the prem and that cooper is the best hooker. Our back row is fantastic and it waa great to see callum chick back today too.

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: pa8 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 22:36

I canít remember us, seemingly, have so much possession at an away game.

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Kraken (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 23:24

Wow! How well have the squad come together and improved this season? When you think about 2 or 3 seasons ago when it looked difficult for us to string a couple of phases together cohesively. Look at us now smashing Quins away, beating Exeter. The Sinoti try today is a great example. Quins didn't seem to buy the feint of Nili and Mike but Sinoti still went over from this inventive move.
I'm so proud of the squad...and the staff. My weekends are full of hope and positivity as a result. Falcons look deadly at the minute. Long may it continue and with a lot of our major signings extending contracts I'm hopeful the rest will follow. Why go to another "successful " club when you can play for the Falcons.
I totally agree about BT Sport being biased against us. Probably because they can't be bothered to travel so far to deliver coverage. I say leave them to it and let's quietly go about our business devoid of the hype other teams get.



It's a trick...get an axe.

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Marco19819 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 08:02

I completely agree kraken. Also...what has micky young been on? He has been fabulous and os back to form that got him saxons recogniton.

This was what i was thinking about. Who on earth improves the team? I am thinking front row but everywhere else, i am not sure we need anyone. We need to keep hold of cooper, green and others as well.

Quote:
Kraken
Wow! How well have the squad come together and improved this season? When you think about 2 or 3 seasons ago when it looked difficult for us to string a couple of phases together cohesively. Look at us now smashing Quins away, beating Exeter. The Sinoti try today is a great example. Quins didn't seem to buy the feint of Nili and Mike but Sinoti still went over from this inventive move.
I'm so proud of the squad...and the staff. My weekends are full of hope and positivity as a result. Falcons look deadly at the minute. Long may it continue and with a lot of our major signings extending contracts I'm hopeful the rest will follow. Why go to another "successful " club when you can play for the Falcons.
I totally agree about BT Sport being biased against us. Probably because they can't be bothered to travel so far to deliver coverage. I say leave them to it and let's quietly go about our business devoid of the hype other teams get.

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 08:24

Quote:
Marco19819
Utterly fantastic! Well done everybody at the club.
I am not normally one for paranoia, and i actually thinkbit helps the cause because it means we are STILL underestimated but does anyone else think bt sport are extremely biased against us. The only giys who give us credit are Flatman and Healey AND when we beat exeter they didn't even show the highlights and only mickey young "diving". Now, having beaten quins with a bonus point away from home and going to FOURTH in the table the only article on their website reads: "falcons end winless streak".

Errrrmmmm....

Anyway, i don't really care that much to be honest and am OVER THE MOON!

It doesn't matter what other people think. It's what we KNOW.

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 10:46

Quinnís fans still seemed disgruntled that they were beaten by a team that over the years have struggled.
Our wins are always put down to who is missing from their squad and how bad the ref was!
We monstered Quinnís yesterday. The ref was clearly on their team sheet in the first half. Could have easily had a couple of extra tries but wouldnít have got us any more points.
Good to see Dean taking key players off early ahead of next weeks crunch game with Gloucester.
We are still in a place where every win is a pleasent surprise and we appreciate the effort put in by the team. Other clubs expect wins and are angered when they donít. Arrogance is never a good thing so long may we be the underdog!!
Though with one of the best defences, with two of the most dangerous wingers in the premiership and an ex England No10, not sure why people are shocked at us being good !!

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Kraken (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 15:58

Yeah, good points above. The BT Sport coverage rarely gives Falcons credit for 'monstering' other teams. It's always their run of bad results etc and not how well Newcastle have played or become. Let us keep smirking at their incredulity at our team's form.

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 16:45

I was hoping that Sarries would do us a favour and beat Leicester today but Tigers look fires up and Sarries are having a mare

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 16:56

Fantastic night in Edinburgh then find out we are 4th after a good thumping of Quins.

Weekends don't get much better than this.
(Sm60)

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 17:15

Quote:
Falc Dancer
I was hoping that Sarries would do us a favour and beat Leicester today but Tigers look fires up and Sarries are having a mare

Tigers have done us a favour. Sarries are still within our reach. Think positive!

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 18:57

Quote:
Monkey1
Fantastic night in Edinburgh then find out we are 4th after a good thumping of Quins.
Weekends don't get much better than this.
(Sm60)

How the hell could a good Englishman have had a fantastic night up there. 😄😄😄😄😄

Re: 4th in the Table -
Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 19:16

If you can't have great night out in Edinburgh you are not trying (Sm63)

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net