Current Page: 1 of 2
The top 4 run-in
Posted by: FalconsRugby.org.uk (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 22:27

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: The top 4 run-in
Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 22:33

Hopefully Wasps won't need a result against us and rest a few for the play offs.

Posted by: alas (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 05:18

Quins will bounce back at some point. Would suit the Falcons if it is next week.

Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 06:21

It's such a difficult league to predict. Worcester beat Exeter then lose at Irish, Leicester get 5 pointer at Sarries but seem very Jekyll and Hyde this season and were in good form and a match for anyone when it goes to plan.

At a guess 4 wins would see us in the play offs which would be excellent but I'd probably take 5th if offered now, end the season on a high and genuine expectations for further improvement next season.

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 09:17

There’s a prediction table on the Worcester board and it has us getting 59 points. It was a little bit earlier so we can add the points from Exeter and Quins etc on to it.

If that prediction came through and it looks reasonable, we would get 69 points.

I hope the chaps margin of error has already been done.

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 10:20

Fifth would suit me fine. Top six was my target. Playoffs are fantasy land. But who knows?

Posted by: rubyrhone (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 11:43

I think top six is enough for this season especially as we have the two cup games to consider. I fancy a weekend in Bilbao.

Posted by: Andy Mac (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 15:15

I agree with dickg, at start of season I’d have said top 4 is fantasy land and I’d be delighted with top 6.

However now we occupy 4th, I’m going to be disappointed with anything less than a home semi...

Posted by: NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 15:39

I'd have bitten your hand off for top 6 at the start of the season. I'd still be delighted with this even if we limp across the finish line. Champions Cup Rugby is key for,the club and region.

Posted by: trummy200 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 16:39

Being a perfect pessimistic I will put that aside! Falcs are on a roll and hopefully momentum will see a good end to the season, and a top four finish! One can dream!

Posted by: Marco19819 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 17:32

Realistically i think i would take top 6. One game at a time, and we need to deal with gloucester at their place this weekend. If we win this weekend i think ww will hit top 4. It would be a remarkable achievement.

Posted by: Kwa444 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 21:42

Weirdly I think you have significantly overestimated Bath's form. I don't see them beating Glaws away or Tigers at HQ. I really wouldn't be surprised if they ended up 7th. I reckon Tigers have sadly found form and see them sneaking 4th. I think it will come down to us and Glaws as to who ends up in 5 and 6 though that will probably come down to the final day.

I honestly see Tigers at about 65. I think we may make 62 to 65 - we could even end up 5th on points difference. Glaws on 63, and Bath on 58.

Posted by: Osric (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 22:02

In any event, what a season this has been. I remember celebrating that away win at Glos- the first in ages. How far we've come.

Posted by: Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 22:22

Newcastle
Gloucester (A) – 1 points (the biggest game of the season) knowing is it will be 0 points?
Northampton (H) – 4 points
Worcester (A) – 4 points
Sale (H) – 5 points
Leicester (A) – 0 points
Wasps (H) – 4 points
After 16 games: 46 points
Final total: 64 points

Bath
Harlequins (A) – 4 points
Exeter (H) – 1 point
Leicester (H, Twickenham) – 1 points
Saracens (A) – 0 points
Gloucester (A) – 1 points
London Irish (H) – 5 points
After 16 games: 45 points
Final total: 57 points

Gloucester
Newcastle (H) – 4 points
London Irish (A) – 5 points
Exeter (A) – 0 points
Harlequins (H) – 5 points
Bath (H) – 4 point
Saracens (A) – 0 point
After 16 games: 44 points
Final total: 61 points

Leicester
Worcester (A) – 4 points
Wasps (H) – 1 points
Bath (A, Twickenham) – 4 point
Northampton (H) – 4 points
Newcastle (H) – 4 points
Sale (A) – 4 points
After 16 games: 42 points
Final total: 63 points

Final table, 3rd-7th
4 Newcastle 64 points
5 Leicester 63 points
7 Gloucester 62 points
7 Bath 57 points

I’ve got a feeling that Leicester might just sneak that 4th place. I think we both may finish on 64 and the same wins, meaning points difference is needed and they take 4th.

The only thing I do know is come 16:45 on Saturday we will know one way or the other where we stand after this massive fixture. The dream may be still alive it may be dead I can’t wait to find out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2018 14:28 by alnwickfalcon.

Posted by: alas (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 23:50

You can't have Glos vs Falcons ending in a loss for both sides.

Date: 28 February, 2018 08:09

Also we shouldn't underestimate the importance of the sale game. They are bloody good at the moment. Tough with a back row that can match up to ours. De klerk makes them tick and i would say we need to target that game along with this weekend. Hopefully wasps will be home and dry last game of the season!

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2018 08:49

I have a recollection of Jason Robinson in his later days skipping past and through our defence from halfway and getting almost home.

Denny Solomona reminds me of him in that way and the Aale game is a big threat as far as I can see

Posted by: There's 35 seconds to go (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2018 09:21

I have two recollections of Mathew Tait for us against Sale.

Once he ran through Jason Robinson, the other he ran around Jason Robinson.

Goneva and Sinoti...

Date: 28 February, 2018 11:01

Neither of those boys are playing. That is the MUST win. They'll be gunning for us after we sneaked home at their gaff early season. Solomona is on fire. De klerk is a pest and a clever game manager and i just think the chemistry of the sides will make for a very close game indeed.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2018 11:54

Quote:
There's 35 seconds to go
I have two recollections of Mathew Tait for us against Sale.
Once he ran through Jason Robinson, the other he ran around Jason Robinson.

I had forgotten about that, it was something to behold. Thanks for the memory 35s.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net