Barbancet, AKA Steve Tolfrey
Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 19:09

I am the bearer of sad news for Falcons supporters and followers of these message boards. Steve Tolfrey, a passionate Falcons supporter for many years, and occasional poster on here, has died unexpectedly. He will be well known to many of us, both as a regular inhabitant of the South Stand, and also from away games including the more far-flung European games. For the last two years he has also been a valuable part of the Supporters Club, serving on the committee to bring us the newsletters on match days, and also an improved website.

I will miss him personally as my fashion guru, somebody who loved the English language as I do, and as a friend. Mere words are not enough, but my thoughts are with Felicity and his family.

Re: Barbancet, AKA Steve Tolfrey
Posted by: Andy Mac (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 19:28

Awful, awful news. Thoughts go to his family.

Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 19:34

I heard the sad news this afternoon
Itís a real shame and Steve will be sorely missed
Having spent time with Steve at both home and away games, Steve was a regular fixture in my match day routine. Steve in his leather jacket with a motorbike paper under his arm became a south stand fixture. From Toulon to Calvisano, Gloucester to Exeter, I have been to many a place in Steveís company and enjoyed my time with him regularly chatting Rugby and Beer, mainly one our joint favourites - Rivetcatcher
Steve had been poorly for a little while but it didnít stop him attending Falcons games home and away
My condolences and thoughts are with Fliss and her family

RIP Steve

Posted by: markismith50 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 19:44

Sincere condolences from everyone at KP. Steve was a familiar face to us all and a passionate supporter who was great company on many a European trip.

Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 19:56

Truly awful news. Lovely bloke who had so much time for others, one of the first I got to know through him saying hello at an away game. Always willing to help out and very passionate about the club, he'll be a miss around the place.

Thoughts with Felicity and Monkey could you keep us updated when you find out funeral details.

RIP buddy

Posted by: zackary71 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 20:03

Such sad news. Met Steve many times on away trips and he was Falcons through and through, and more importantly, someone I called a friend. Only at the weekend, I found a Guitar Pick he'd given us...you remember the little things. I know he'd been ill, but that didn't stop him turning out on the South Stand cheering his beloved Falcons on. Rachel and I wish Felicity our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Posted by: Leipziger (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 21:09

Sad news, Steve was such a passionate Falcons fan and moreover a really great guy. Saw him at the Wasps game and although he didn't seem to have his old energy, due to illness as others have said, he seemed really positive. Sympathy to Felicity and Steve's family and friends.

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 21:22

Aaaah thatís awful news

Spoke to Steve a few times over recent years and always had a giggle about something or other.

What a sad day for us all.

Posted by: longservice (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2018 22:31

Sad news. Met him often in the bar or metro on way home after a game. Sympathy to Steve's wife and family.

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 07:49

The South Stand Choir will be one voice less. Goodbye bonny lad.

Posted by: lizard118 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 11:28

Really sad news, I never met Steve but I remember him being quite regular on here years back. One of the civil posters on the forum. May his soul rest in peace.

Posted by: 17Roundabouts (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 12:58

I've only been in the supporters club for 2 years and just met him at functions..A lovely man with a passion for the Falcons that was first among equals & who will be sadly missed...R.I.P.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 11:45

For those who wish to join with others to pay their respects:

12.30pm. Monday 23rd July at South Shields Crematorium, and afterwards at the Alberta Social Club, Railway Street, Jarrow.

Posted by: Kath... (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 15:08

So sad to hear this, my thoughts are with his family. RIP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net