Who wants a bus to Northampton?
Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2018 17:29

The Supporters Club could do with some feedback on this one please.

Saturday 1st December, 3pm kick off, fairly local game, should be an obvious game to send a bus to. Nice late start, not far down the road, get back early, and Sunday to recover.

The thing that puts the kiss of death on this fixture each year however is the ticket prices, and yes they are obscene. You can get really rubbish seats in the corners for 25 - 35, decent seats are 45 upward. Standing is so limited it will probably sell out unless you monitor the Saints ticket website daily & snap them up the day they go on sale. They do early bird prices if you buy 4 weeks in advance, but as they only seem to offer tickets up for sale about 5 weeks in advance this offer is pointless, if you blink you will miss it.

My feeling is that yes the ticket prices do seem to be a rip off, but we haven't been for a while, they are only perhaps 10 - 15 more than we usually pay so it isn't a life-changing amount of money, and it is one of the great cathedrals of rugby. I am tempted to say that we run this bus, but once we make that decision we can't go back. If we say it will go then it will go no matter how few people travel, and I will feel awful if the SC loses a lot of money because the bus is empty.

Your views will be appreciated then we can make a decision soon.

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2018 16:42 by Monkey1.

Re: Who wants a bus to Northampton?
Posted by: MarchingIn (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2018 11:04

Saint in peace...

It would be nice to welcome more Falcons fans to the Gardens, but I agree that Saints is expensive compared to a lot of other clubs, particulary local alternatives like Tigers and Waspentry who have much higher capacity to fill.

It may be worth noting that a group of 10+ can get the 'early bird' pricing throughout the purchase period if you contact the club, which brings it down to 26-32 quid for the cheaper seats at most games - there is a link on the Saints website with an email address.

Date: 13 September, 2018 11:51

Thanks for that, we will look into the group ticket idea as it works well for other clubs.

Posted by: joefrog (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2018 08:18

Any idea if this bus is on?

Date: 08 October, 2018 10:59

Quote:
joefrog
Any idea if this bus is on?

It is, and the details will be announced soon.

Posted by: joefrog (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2018 18:17

Great. Looking forward to the Team getting back on track

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2018 08:10

Quote:
Monkey1
The Supporters Club could do with some feedback on this one please.
Saturday 1st December, 3pm kick off, fairly local game, should be an obvious game to send a bus to. Nice late start, not far down the road, get back early, and Sunday to recover.

The thing that puts the kiss of death on this fixture each year however is the ticket prices, and yes they are obscene. You can get really rubbish seats in the corners for 25 - 35, decent seats are 45 upward. Standing is so limited it will probably sell out unless you monitor the Saints ticket website daily & snap them up the day they go on sale. They do early bird prices if you buy 4 weeks in advance, but as they only seem to offer tickets up for sale about 5 weeks in advance this offer is pointless, if you blink you will miss it.

My feeling is that yes the ticket prices do seem to be a rip off, but we haven't been for a while, they are only perhaps 10 - 15 more than we usually pay so it isn't a life-changing amount of money, and it is one of the great cathedrals of rugby. I am tempted to say that we run this bus, but once we make that decision we can't go back. If we say it will go then it will go no matter how few people travel, and I will feel awful if the SC loses a lot of money because the bus is empty.

Your views will be appreciated then we can make a decision soon.

Thank you.
Hi,this is no way patronising as i love going around the forums as many other rugby fans do,it's the best game in the world IMHO to watch and play.
I admire the Falcons spirit, "...a fairly local game! "
Getting to Kingston Park has so far eluded me as has Sandy Park,The Rec and Twickenham Stoop plus Madstad.
The difference is i've not been able to afford to get to KP,Warriors do not do a supporter coach to KP, i don't drive and the train is horrendously expensive .
I guess i'm lucky that Warriors are centrally located,Sandy Park and Sale being furthest @ "only 2-2.5hrs" and with having family and contacts in the northwest i only have to get to Crewe,with the help of a railcard,for between 11-13 return.Having hospitality @ the AJ Bell as i know the boss of one of the main sponsors of Sale also helps but that's another story!

But i find Falcons and Saints fans to be the best ones i have the pleasure of coming across with Franklins Gardens the best ground bar Sixways.I hear Kingston Park is also a great experience for away fans.

Suffice to say that if i was a Falcons fan there would be no away trips for me apart from Sale or an away game in Edinburgh in one of the European Cups!

I love Newcastle,it's people,it's passion for sport and i'm originally from Nottingham which is also a fantastic place.

My parents (adopted) lived in Newcastle during their formative adult years before they moved to Worcester and they can't speak highly enough of the place.I went in the early 90's ( Metro centre was brilliant! ) and have not been back since but i'm hoping to rectify that by coming to watch Warriors @ KP! ( Finances permitting! )

It's horrible for any team to go down but apart from us i'd hate to see Falcons demoted.You were excellent last season,i just hope your squad can stretch as the Champions Cup can take it's toll whatever team you are.

Anyway,good luck for the rest of the season and make a good fist of it in Europe! One day i WILL make it up there and have a tasty Newcastle Brown or 10! ( Any other local tipple advice would be greatly received! )

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 11:45 by w4rriorz1980.

Date: 09 October, 2018 11:35

Cheers Wz, hope you make it up here one day & we will make you most welcome.

We enjoy our trips to Sixways too, one of our localish games & a cracking ground. I remember the amazing planning that went into getting Sixways ready for Premiership rugby all those years ago, and how it was almost brought to nothing by the legal challenge from demoted Rotherham. It was a time of massive heartache for Wuss supporters, but it all came good & I remember baking in the sun in that temporary stand for our first ever game down there & being really impressed that it all came together & worked superbly despite all the challenges & obstacles that were endured along the way. I think of that every time we go to Sixways, happy memories.

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 16:34

If you do make it to KP and need somewhere to stay, send me a private message on this site. I can then tell you of the time I drove around Worcester racecourse with Chris Tarrant, a King's School old boy.

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 17:31

what time will the bus be leaving and getting back to KP?

Date: 17 October, 2018 17:36

Keith knows this stuff but pretty sure it will leave 5.45pm so back at KP 10ish depending on traffic.

Date: 17 October, 2018 19:37

and leaving KP in the am. ?

Date: 18 October, 2018 06:38

Quote:
aidanb

Erm, see the thread with bus details, leaving at 8.30am.

Date: 18 October, 2018 09:28

Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
aidanb

Erm, see the thread with bus details, leaving at 8.30am.

come on Monkey, read the forum and take the info in - i can't walk down the street and chew gum you know

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net