For just one pound?
Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 19:32

I don't know about others but I got a real kick out of being one of those who declined any form of compensation for the home game that we lost to the USA last season, and let the club use it to sponsor a player instead. I think it was maybe a bit more special because it was suggested by one of our own on this message board, although I apologise for not being able to remember who it was.

So many people went for this option that we got to sponsor one of our finest players, and whenever Goneva scored at KP & the announcer said that he was sponsored by the season ticket members, a big cheer went up, so I guess it was a popular move.

We don't have that option this season, and organising a load of us to club together would be difficult to get off the ground. We could however do something for next season if we put things in motion now. If we ask the club to provide the option of paying just an extra £1 when we renew our season tickets, something that people would have to ask for when sorting their tickets, if only half of us took up that option we would be into the realms of sponsoring a senior player again. I certainly think it would be worth it, and maybe £1 won't be enough & it will have to be £2, I really have no idea, but if we suggest it to the club I am sure the commercial bods have enough knowledge of how we customers behave to be able to say if this will work or not.

Thoughts please.

Re: For just one pound?
Posted by: Andy Mac (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 19:36

Lovely idea.

Essentially youíre talking about crowdfunding the sponsorship and there are plenty of sites that can do that for you. The incentive could be that there are match seats or a corporate box drawn out of a hat for all contributors to be eligible to win.

Iíll research it further this weekend and report back.

Date: 02 November, 2018 19:42

Crowd funding is a neat idea to do something for the rest of this season Andy, I like it. If you can come up with something count me in.

For next season I think it would be nice to link it specifically to season ticket members, hence the idea of it being an option at renewal time.

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 21:32

I would be happy to do that

Donít want an option on a seat though

I prefer to stand and my season ticket already gives

Posted by: exhooker (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 22:44

Those of us who paid for a 3 year ticket won't be buying though

Posted by: eastfalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 23:53

I would happily contribute again - I enjoyed being one of those that chose to sponsor Nicky.smiling smiley

Onwards and Upwards!

Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 06:12

I'd do it

Date: 03 November, 2018 07:11

Quote:
exhooker

I'm sure that where there's a will there's a way. You could still call in at the ticket office & say you want to pay your quid.

Posted by: CharlieDog (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 09:26

Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
exhooker

I'm sure that where there's a will there's a way. You could still call in at the ticket office & say you want to pay your quid.

I got a 3 year ticket and would definitely add a bit more for sponsorship - easy to pop into ticket office and top up!

Posted by: eastfalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 09:33

I think that the going rate for sponsoring a first team player is £1500 + VAT, so maybe a fiver each?

Onwards and Upwards!

Posted by: Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 12:59

The prices vary from academy players to the more senior players and also the coaches.
There are several options to choose from, such as tickets for the sponsors evening and the end of season big bash which for those who have never attended these they are a fantastic evening out.
Iím pretty certain that the club would look at putting something together and like you other posters it was great to hear when Niki scored that he was sponsored by the falcons fans.

Posted by: Cantabrian (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 17:58

I'd do it

Posted by: trummy200 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 20:24

Great idea but why only season ticket holders?

Date: 06 November, 2018 11:27

Quote:
trummy200
Great idea but why only season ticket holders?

It went down well with season ticket holders last year so seemed like a nice idea to repeat that. It is also a group of people that is easy to define & to feel a part of. Other groups are of course welcome to join together & sponsor a player if they wish, I believe the left-handed basket weavers of Pegswood & Newbiggin are warming to the idea, but if the club is to put some sort of package together then it makes sense to involve the season ticket members.

Posted by: Andy Mac (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 15:34

Iím no longer a season ticket holder so agree it would be nice to be a bit more inclusive and open it up to all falcons fans. Anyone who is remote could well be interested in supporting from afar.

Date: 06 November, 2018 18:02

Fair point Andy. Well maybe it could be that a player is sponsored by 'Falcons supporters', or perhaps the 'Falcons Supporters Group'. It has been a long day at work dealing with clowns, so I am sure somebody can think of a better name than my offerings, but you get the idea.

I am sure the club will be open to all ideas that would work & make people happy.

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 09:21

Falconistas!
😊

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net