Current Page: 1 of 4
Edinburgh Team
Posted by: semajdrib (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 11:42

Does anybody know when the team for tomorrows game will be announced?

Re: Edinburgh Team
Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 11:46

From the offy

Newcastle Falcons team to face Edinburgh (Friday, 7.45pm, BT Murrayfield)

15 Alex Tait

14 Tom Arscott

13 Chris Harris

12 Pedro Bettencourt

11 Adam Radwan

10 Brett Connon

9 Sonatane Takulua

1 Adam Brocklebank

2 George McGuigan

3 David Wilson

4 Tevita Cavubati

5 Glen Young

6 Ryan Burrows (captain)

7 Gary Graham

8 Callum Chick

Replacements

16 Santiago Socino

17 Trevor Davison

18 Sami Mavinga

19 Calum Green

20 Simon Uzokwe

21 Sam Stuart

22 Toby Flood

23 Johnny Williams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 11:46 by steve1888.

Posted by: DB23 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 11:50

It’s utterly farcical that Edinburgh bring back 10 internationals rested for their Amateur 14 league game last week against Munster where they got humped whilst we have named a mostly second string squad.
The contrast between the Premiership and their league is stark and is no surprise when the likes of Leinster and Ireland do so well whilst the Premiership players are flogged all season and not ‘rested’ to anything like the same degree. It boils my ****

Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 11:51

injury news added from offy .....OUCH ! Huge shame for Robinson

Explaining a selection which contains a whole raft of enforced changes, Richards added: “We have had three tight-head injuries in the last 24 hours, and with Jon Welsh, Craig Mitchell and Paul Mullen all also unavailable, if these props are unfit we have no tight-head cover. We are in dialogue with EPCR to try and resolve the issue, and that communication will continue.

“We lost a load of guys to head knocks last weekend including Kyle Cooper, Sean Robinson broke his arm again during the game, Mark Wilson has an ear infection, Nemani Nagusa has a leg problem, then we have Michael Young out with a fractured cheek bone. Our captain Will Welch is out long term with an ankle, Jon Welsh is out for a while, Will Witty has injured his knee, Josh Matavesi is out with an ankle, Joel Hodgson has broken a leg and Tom Penny is out with an ACL – you get the idea, and then we have a few other guys who are not registered for Europe due to the tournament regulations.”

Posted by: AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 11:58

Going to be a tough one, it's on TV tomorrow night on BT sports. smiling smiley

Posted by: Leipziger (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 11:59

Big task tomorrow night with so many players out but we'll have to see what happens. I guess Flood and Williams aren't fully fit since they're not starting

See Deano mentioning Craig Mitchell, I thought he'd left the club already?

Posted by: markismith50 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 12:03

Craig is on loan to Yorkshire Carnegie from us.

Posted by: Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 12:15

I don’t think Wilson would have played if fit. I’m sure this classes as his mandatory week off

Posted by: Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 12:16

If ever there was an opportunity for these guys to seize the moment, tomorrow evening it it.

Lets get behind them and cause one hell of an upset...we can do it!!!

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 12:29

Bad weather forecast - it will even things up - it's always a lottery in wet & windy weather

Posted by: madmikey (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 13:35

Right with you there Wensleydale Falcon. They said we had no chance in Toulon and look what the boys did there. Just remember, they cant run without their legs. boys will need their 16th man so everyone going lets make some noise

Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 13:39

Well that wasn’t the team I had hoped for
An incredible list of injuries to cope with and only 1 tighthead fit
It could be a long night

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 13:49

Have you seen the list of injuries....honeslty it's scary!!

To still put a fairly strong team out is a huge pat on the back to the work the management, coaches and board are doing.

Has Radwan been injured or just working on aspects of his game?

Posted by: FALCONSMAD (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 14:10

Couldn't agree more with madmike and Wensleydale Falcon. Yes we have a few injuries but our 16th man has never been fitter and we are raring to go!

Lets not write this team off and lets get behind them. With the attacking flair of Radwan, Harris and Arscott, we can turn these lot over.#OhFlowerOfFAAAAALCONS

Posted by: CharlieDog (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 14:13

The cynic in me says 'lets just see how many of the recently / slightly injured players are fit and ready for the return leg next weekend'?

Posted by: Cantabrian (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 14:30

Glad that Takulua is starting with Connon and there's plenty of space at Murrayfield for Radwan to weave his magic. I'm crossing everything that our never-say-die spirit will see us pull off another unlikely victory

It looks like despite the weather there'll be a lot of Falconites cheering the boys on.

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 15:12

I will be introducing my wife to the real Falcons Experience. She will be embarassed by the noise I make!

Posted by: tmc1963 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 16:04

Quote:
DB23
It’s utterly farcical that Edinburgh bring back 10 internationals rested for their Amateur 14 league game last week against Munster where they got humped whilst we have named a mostly second string squad.
The contrast between the Premiership and their league is stark and is no surprise when the likes of Leinster and Ireland do so well whilst the Premiership players are flogged all season and not ‘rested’ to anything like the same degree. It boils my ****

Pathetic whinge

Posted by: DB23 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 17:32

Quote:
tmc1963
Quote:
DB23

Pathetic whinge

Another keyboard warrrior

Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 18:11

Dean mentions in the clubs press release about holding talks with the ECPR about the TH Prop situation we find ourselves in. Can we add Rodney into the squad to resolve the situation otherwise we could find uncontested scrums if Davey was unfortunate enough to pick up an injury

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net